[Archive] WiP Destroyer (Amazing)

GodHead:

Props to the 2blackdragons (http://www.the2blackdragons.com/html/black_dragons_english_htm.html) for making this monster for me:

They are working off of this concept art:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s an excellent model based upon the concept art but without paint I think it a looks a little “odd”. It has tons of potential though so show it again once it gets painted!

Grimbold Blackhammer

ryanamandaanna:

I get the sneaking suspicion that this model will cost a pretty penny… :o

Yodrin:

I agree with Grimbold about the odd unpainted thing, but its has tons of potential!!!

I am sure its gona look awesome when its finished :cheers

LF to more pics

GodHead:

I get the sneaking suspicion that this model will cost a pretty penny...   :o

ryanamandaanna
A custom sculpted, unique, one off, from scratch miniature this big? Yeah, it's not cheap. I could ALMOST get 3 FW Bloodthirsters for the price of this guy. I'd rather have this guy.

More pics fresh arrived today:

frogbear:

It is a very nice looking model.

You going to commision ‘mini mes’ as fireborn later on?

Zanko:

… where are the feet? :o

I’m afraid that the guy could not go and so he will be an easy victim for our enemies! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Joking aside - it’s a quite cool looking model and impressing huge! I’m really curious to the see finished and painted model!

:hashut

ryanamandaanna:

What plans do they have for the feet region?

GodHead:

As a matter of fact, those pictures were sent so I could give them instructions on the feet.

My instructions were "Human, armoured feet. Like metal boots Sauron would wear."

Feet and wings and then I’ll have to find someone to paint it for me…

ryanamandaanna:

Better yet, feet WITH wings? :wink:

Da Crusha:

cool update. Ive been wondering if this model got done.

Animatone:

Awesome K’daai I totally dig it!

Mr.Hardrada:

looks awesome!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

gIL^:

Looks very good!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Real great model. I hope it’s not really getting actual wings on its back cause he is so close of being perfect the way he is now!

The only thing I would like to see is some hints of his chaos dwarf origins, but hey it’s the coolest damn destroyer the world has seen!!!

Xander:

Looking pretty cool so far. Can’t wait for more pics.

Yodrin:

Nice update, not so odd anymore, but rather fantastic :cheers:hashut

BABIS:

oh my god this is amazing!

btw, from where is taken the concept image you posted before?

imho you should resolve the “feet problem” converting a scenic base in which the Destroyer is rising from the earth erupting from firing cracked rocks :slight_smile:

and don’t add wings :wink:

GodHead:

The image is a concept art for Guild Wars II apparently. I just did a bunch of google searches for “fire” “demon” “elemental” “monster” in various combinations and came across it.

I am having the wings built for it for the following reasons:
a.) helps explain M9;
b.) they can have wings in Monstrous Arcanum; and
c.) It makes it even bigger.

I have asked that the wings look similar to the fire effect shown in the art. They’ve done a really great job on the fire so far on the rest of the model, I think.

As to it’s Chaos Dwarf origins, I think it’s a pretty good stand in for Hashut, the bull headed god of fire and metal. Just doesn’t look like a Dwarf…

Goltor Lintrepide:

As to it's Chaos Dwarf origins, I think it's a pretty good stand in for Hashut, the bull headed god of fire and metal. Just doesn't look like a Dwarf...

GodHead
Of course, that's true. I was just looking for some chaos dwarf symbol or something like that...