[Archive] WiP Destroyer (Amazing)

Kera foehunter:

That’s freaking sweeeeeeeeeeet… I love it

deadlydeceiver:

Wow! Awesome!

I remember you mentioning this project several times before and I always thought it was a great artwork to start from.
Unsurprisingly the model looks absolutely great! ^^

BUT I must second the following opinions:
NO wings ^^ → I fear they’ll turn out too “blunt” compared to the rest of the model (or maybe you could get them magnetized)
Rising from fire/lava → no feet to be seen, just like the artwork
and IMHO the legs are a tiny bit too thin :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated

DD

BTW: I don’t think it’s actually expensive… IMO it’s surprisingly cheap, considering the time (asumingly) it takes. I personally paid 100�,� once for a converted C’Tan.

kbolster12345:

BTW: I don't think it's actually expensive... IMO it's surprisingly cheap, considering the time (asumingly) it takes. I personally paid 100�,� once for a converted C'Tan.

deadlydeceiver
I have to agree that's not only time your paying for but talent. I think it's very well done and no doubt worth every penny for a one of a kind, center piece model.

GodHead:

I absolutely agree.

I have ordered from them before, and the time and effort they put in, and the quality of the results you get out, are far and away worth it.

It is going to have wings (very, very flamey wings). It is going to have feet. It will have a suitably substantial scenic base.

Dr.Mojo:

But… Are you like… reeeeally sure about the wings. I mean… it is already SO epic… why risk it? :stuck_out_tongue:

A great job indeed. Kudos to de craftmen.

kbolster12345:

I have to say that if they can get the wings to be as cool as the picture’s it will defiantly add to the model. People may get confused as to if it is a flying creature or not if they are un familiar with CD armies though.

It’s model could also double as a very cool greater daemon of khorne or of tz.  Khorne because of it’s tough guy look and tzeentch because of tz’s fire based fluff.

GodHead:

So who is against the wings now?

ViLe:

your Destroyer ist just awesome and with the wings it will be even more awesome :wink:

unfortunately the wing upgrade is just playable when you select the destroyer in storm of magic from the monstrous arcanum book.

Zanthrax:

Awesome and keep the wings!

Can’t wait to see this bad boy painted

GodHead:

Flying is only an upgrade in SoM.

The wings are made of fire. Would that really support him to fly? Or would it just help him to move faster as a friggin !M9! Monster? :slight_smile:

BABIS:

I really like this wing, but my thought againts wings is only for game playing reason .

I always play with “whatyouseeiswhatyouget” models ( well, this is always what I’m trying to do)

and, he already has long legs to justify the massive M9 :slight_smile:

anyway, this model is amazing… :wink:

Yodrin:

Thats just a friggin awesome wing :hashut

Goltor Lintrepide:

Those wings are cool, but I’m against the boots now.

zhatan87:

Great!!!

Like Yawarakaimatsuka, boots need something. They can make something cooler with them…

wodan:

Pretty cool :slight_smile:

Just not fan of the wings.

The only problem with 2blackDragon is the fact that minis are hard to paint. The sculpt is good but not enough to paint it easily. They will paint it for you?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s turning into a much better model than it was in the first few pictures.  They do great work over there and you’re definitely getting your monies worth.  I will say though that a poor paint job is going to make this model a train-wreck and the more they add, like those wings, are making it progressively harder to paint.  Good luck - I envy you…but I don’t envy you!!

deadlydeceiver:

These wings are STUNNING! Absolutely unique and perfectly crafted.
I’m very glad that you commissioned them to be sculpted, as we would have never seen them otherwise ^^ Totally looking forward to seeing them painted.

Everything that follows is absolutely a matter of taste and if you are happy with your model everything is perfect. :hat off
BUT:
Nevertheless I DO NOT think the wings fit the model at all. :o
IMHO… I’m gonna write that: In my humble opinion they do not fit the style of the main body, as I feared beforehand.
The model got so many fine armour-details and different materials (armour/body-contrast). The wings are just one big mass (of fire). That’s what I meant by “blunt”.
I’d love to see those wings on a weird Fire-Cockatrice or a Balrog-like monster.

On a different matter: I do feel like the wings should “erupt” from a higher place on the back… is that only me?

Last but not least: Feet = not good x.x Much to blunt and human IMO
I would have prefered claws or drowned in magma…

As I said: This was just my personal taste which I felt I should share (whatever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).
Absolutely love that model in total :cheers

DD

frogbear:

In a high pitched shrill: Awesome!

GodHead:

It’s about the size of the FW Bloodthirster. It is mounted on a 100x150mm base, and my instructions to the sculptor were to “fill it.” It is certainly taller, but shouldn’t be that much more massive than an Arachnarok Spider or either of the Ogre Kingdoms monsters.

As someone who regularly games with FW models and BaneBeasts models, it shouldn’t look out of place at all.

It will hopefully look right at home with my FW Keeper of Secrets, my Avatars of War Chimera and my Ultraforge Greater Rage Demon.

It has stats better than any of the Greater Daemons or Dragons. It should be big!

EDIT: Besides, GW keeps making BIGGER AND BIGGER other models. See the idiotic Chaos Warshrine for example. So my Destroyer has to be big to be impressive.

GodHead:

New feet. Second wing.

Next pics forthcoming will be a size comparison with FW Bloodthirster.