[Archive] WiP Destroyer (Amazing)

Yodrin:

I think its an awesome model!!! so gratz!!

The only thing that maybe seems a bit of, could be the pictures though, is that the left wing seems a bit to big - maybe… But still love it!

RichardC1967:

I would magnetize the wings…

Da Crusha:

I would magnetize the wings..

RichardC1967
+1. it looks like its gonna break the first time you bump it wrong.

gIL^:

Nice model but im not a fan of the wings.

Ugly Green Trog:

I love the model I just don’t picture it as a destroyer, it just doesn’t fit my mental image of one. I can be a bit OCD about stuff I’ve imagined before I see it, I find films of books very difficult lol. Back on topic though its certainly a really cool model.

deadlydeceiver:

Looks great, Godhead! The new feet are way better fitting. So is it marked as “finished” now?

Can’t wait to see it painted.

The only thing that maybe seems a bit of, could be the pictures though, is that the left wing seems a bit to big - maybe… But still love it!

Yodrin
I think (and hope) that’s the angle :cheers

Oh, and I can also second the idea of magnetizing the wings. (I think I already wrote that somewhere). Let alone for transport…

DD

GodHead:

It’s the right wing that looks odd (left in the picture), but it isn’t positioned or attached.

I have had some discussions with the artists with respect to the wings, and apparently they are a brass core, with a quarter inch brass connecting rod in the back of the model. Apparently they are the sturdiest part of the entire sculpt.

Packing it will be a bitch, but they promise me they won’t break off, and apparently when re-sculpting the feet, he was picking it up by the wing to access the bottom of the model.

moogoodoo:

love the model think it looks much better with out the wings tho :frowning:

Yodrin:

Who will paint this bad boy??

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s a very nice model. But far beyond my painting skills to attempt. And it’s going to need a really great paint job or all that effort will be wasted. Ouch!

GodHead:

I had them re-do the right wing, as it was too clunky.

I think this is his final form.

Samanos:

this is what a destroyer should look like, not that FW monstrosity

ryanamandaanna:

Better!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Da Crusha:

sweet! and I hadn’t even noticed the new feet, these look way better.

Vogon:

I’m looking forward to seeing this painted.

It looks fantastic

Cheers

Vogon

Satan:

Love it! Reminds me of the fire god from that Tad Williams fantasy series…

GodHead:

Well after an intense bidding process, I have decided to have the piece painted by Matt Cexwish, from Germany.

Matt is a frequent Golden Daemon winner, and received a Slayer Sword in 2011 in Germany.

His Golden Daemon results page is here:
http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=564

And his Cool Mini Or Not gallery is here:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Matt+Cexwish?browseid=4336947

6 Golden Daemons, 1 Slayer Sword.

A lot of his entries are Dioramas, so the big scenic base shown in the concept art should be safe with him.

Yodrin:

That will be one hell of a Destroyer, great sculpt and great painted, cant wait!!!

deadlydeceiver:

Extremely good choice for the painter! That thing’s gonna be AWESOME :hat off

DD

GodHead:

All of the quotes I got were from amazing painters. There was a lot of interest in painting the thing and it was difficult to choose between them.