[Archive] woc release

cornixt:

I have this sinking feeling that the rules slot for the Hellcannon could get replaced by this:

As in, "Treat your old Hellcannon as a Mutalith Vortex Beast."

I hope this isn't the case, but it looks a lot like a Hellcannon...

Xander
I'm afraid to say that i think you are right, but I'm optimistic that they are gettings CDs out of WoC so they can have their own army book.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Frankly I like the chariots and Throgg is a great model. Not so much a fan of the new beasts, the dragon ogres and the forsaken (probably because the latter show no similiarity whatsoever with the artwork in the current army book).

The prices are a slap in the face yet again but it’s cool with me. Blood Knights still remain pretty much the most outrageously priced unit out there. :confused:

Thommy H:

I’m actually not at all sold on the Dragon Ogres right now. They look too much like…well…Ogres. That may sound daft, but I always liked that Dragon Ogres were nothing to do with Dragons or Ogres - they were just named that by humans who didn’t know any better and saw giant humanoid torsos on scaly bodies and picked the best name they could think of while running for their lives. So they shouldn’t actually look anything like Ogres, because they’re not related to them.

Baggronor:

That big monster could make an awesome Destroyer with a bit of work.

Like the thing pulling the chariot. Gonna buy that and use it as a steed for someone, and then take the guy off the chariot to use as a Hero.

Dragon Ogres look a bit plain. Perfectly good models but a bit of a missed opportunity imo. Still, should be plenty of space to tart them up.

Most importantly, nice new things for my WoC to kill your faces off with. Hurrah.

I have this sinking feeling that the rules slot for the Hellcannon could get replaced by this:
Very much doubt it. Its on a different base to the very recently Finecasted Hellcannon, makes no sense. Also, they seem to be making a point of not removing older, dated models from ranges even when they are basically made obsolete by newer choices (eg. Black Coach - why would you take ever one over a Mortis Engine for basically the same cost? Yet its still there). It makes sense - if they make a model for it, they want to sell it which means we have to be able to use it in-game.

Thommy H:

Yeah, and look how all the existing special characters have made it into every Armies book since 8th Edition (and, indeed, 6th Edition 40K). If it has a model in the current range, they won’t get rid of its rules.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thommy H - I agree wholeheartedly on the aspect of the dragon ogres should look neither like ogres, nor like dragons, but I’m happy they look good as a piece, instead of some of the worse things and for the horrendously outdated models of before.

Mr.Hardrada:

The dragon ogres look like ogres that go the gym regularly. This could lead to some great conversions/fluff as a ogre tyrant named JenA Crag who has slave camps that do jumping jacks til you die.

RichardC1967:

The dragon ogres look like ogres that go the gym regularly. This could lead to some great conversions/fluff as a ogre tyrant named JenA Crag who has slave camps that do jumping jacks til you die.

Mr.Hardrada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Zk2vUmjpk

Bolg:

Also, there's absolutely no way you can judge the GW models from these photos. These are poor resolution photographs of shots in a magazine.

Thommy H
But he has a point.

@GodHead let me start by saying I love how you really made an effort of your "rant" and I mostly agree. The example of the skaven is a really good one. But than again, I wasnt going to buy any of those horrible new models and I kinda like facing a all new plastic (painted) army on a tournament. controlled by a fresh new player who frowns at my all metal, mostly 3rd/4rd edition (chaos)dwarf army (:

Thommy H:

Well no he doesn’t have a point because the pictures are low resolution, at odd angles and covered in reflections from the glossy pages. So they may look better when we have some decent images - this has been the case with the last three or four big releases too. Grainy, leaked photos come out, everyone slams them, then a few weeks later when we get better pictures most people go "oh actually they look fine…"

It’s fine to have an opinion, but anything beyond thinking they look underwhelming at this stage seems a bit of an overreaction.

Twisted Dwarf:

The only thing I am curious about are the new rules for the hell cannon.

That vortect beast looks like it was made to be used as a hell cannon since the current model is unglued and makes little sense on how it runs around rampaging.

What base size is the current hell cannon on?

Baggronor:

The gigantinormous one, same as the Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon.

RichardC1967:

The only thing I am curious about are the new rules for the hell cannon.

That vortect beast looks like it was made to be used as a hell cannon since the current model is unglued and makes little sense on how it runs around rampaging.

Twisted Dwarf
100mmx150mm...but I don't think that model will replace the Hellcannon..since GW just released the finecast version..it doesn't make sense to me...but you never know. I think that the Slaughterbeast and the Vortex Beast come in the same box and you can make either one or the other.. Kinda like the Beastman Ghorgon/Cygor thing

Grimstonefire:

I don’t think we should presume the vortex thing is a missile/ warmachine. It could be something to make it transport around the battlefield maybe?

RichardC1967:

I don't think we should presume the vortex thing is a missile/ warmachine.  It could be something to make it transport around the battlefield maybe?

Grimstonefire
or perhaps some type of anti-magic beast vs magic heavy enemies...

Hashut’s Blessing:

Or just a big gribbly…

thrawn:

good find, thanks!

they’re ok, nothing is blowing my mind.

RichardC1967:

they will arrive Jan 26…stay tuned

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=7200014

Bolg:

they will arrive Jan 26....stay tuned

RichardC1967
This is by far the lamest most stupidest teaser i've ever see.
20 seconds of flames a roar and a date... I dont think I'm the intended audience.

ViLe:

they will arrive Jan 26....stay tuned

RichardC1967
This is by far the lamest most stupidest teaser i've ever see.
20 seconds of flames a roar and a date... I dont think I'm the intended audience.

Bolg
hey thats why gw gets more expensive day by day. They have to pay the people who make their senseless stuff. ;)