[Archive] Wood and its uses as it pertains to Chaos Dwarfs

Willmark:

Here’s my take on this:

Yes they are dwarfs, but corrupted ones. Regular dwarfs balk at wood, but why do Chaos Dwarfs have to? They are relentless in their quest for resources and ravage the land scape around them. Their slaves use wood in the forms of the their weapons (bows, etc) and artillery (bolt throwers for example).

So for my army I do not struggle with having the CDs use wood as needed for their purposes.

Who agrees or disagrees and why?

wallacer:

Is there much wood in the Dark Lands?

I don’t imagine CD would object to using timber per se, but I imagine that for those living in the Dark Lands wood would be a fairly rare and expensive commodity.

Willmark:

All the more reasons to raid the west, especially the Empire lots of it there!

Gilzam:

My CD would gaze in wonderment at the big green things having never seen one before and then decide to burn them anyhow :slight_smile:

On a serious note i have no problem using wood, or my slaves using it within my armies (forest goblin slaves, they can manipulate wood)and if Western Stunties dont use it my Eastern Stunties will certainly use it just to spite them. :cheers

Tallhat:

Hey for slaves I got no problem. But it would seem a little inappropriate for the Dwarfs I think.

- Tallhat

Pyro Stick:

I agree with tallhat. Dwarfs had wood in their army before it was remade so chaos dwarfs must of been made with that same idea. But all of the wood is either used for slaves or weapon handles if you want to paint them wood. You could paint everything to not look like wood if you wanted to. When CD get remade they will probably only give slaves wood at most. Anyway i would think they would use it all to keep their furnaces going.

Revlid:

Wood does have its place in the Chaos Dwarf army; with the Hobgoblin units.

Chaos Dwarfs use leather and metal and magic. No need for wood, scarce as it likely is in the Darklands.

Xander:

The old earthshaker is made of wood. shrugs

Canix:

Wood would be used by chaos dwarfs like everybody .The flexibility and tensile strength make it invaluable for certain tasks,failing that it burns well

Tallhat:

The old earthshaker is made of wood. *shrugs*

Xander
Sure was. But In the case of an update there is a good chance it wont I guess. It shouldnt be really.

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

The Chaos Dwarfs would use wood like other races, for fuel and burning. The only difference would be that they consume a great deal of it to get industry working. I imagine that all the pine forests on the edge of the Ogre Kingdoms are stripped bare.

Willmark:

Plus what better way to make a slaving raid even better. Acquired some slaves? Don’t send them back empty handed, cut down some trees and make them haul it back. Its all about maximum utililization of resources. Put them slaves to work immediately!

Tallhat:

Man Willmark you got the idea :slight_smile: You would make a great slavemaster.

- Tallhat

wallacer:

Looking at his avatar, I suppose we can’t be too surprised that he’d make a good slavemaster :wink:

Willmark:

“The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force”.

Tallhat:

laughs Yeah that movie is awesome…

- Tallhat

Kera foehunter:

well CD pirates use wood . you dont walk the beam you walk the plank.

Tallhat:

CD Pirates? Huh?

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

Chaos Dwarf Pirates! You know, Chaos Dwarfs but with a wooden leg and a boat.

Even then they wouldn’t use wood. If my memory serves me right, the Chaos Dwarf fleets are massive, metal and steam powered beauties.

grunts:

Chaos Dwarf Pirates! You know, Chaos Dwarfs but with a wooden leg and a boat.

Even then they wouldn't use wood. If my memory serves me right, the Chaos Dwarf fleets are massive, metal and steam powered beauties.

Uzkul Werit
technically then, wouldn't he have an iron leg??