[Archive] Wood and its uses as it pertains to Chaos Dwarfs

AGPO:

I personally don’t use wood in my army, as I want to make my slaves different so they don’t look like I’ve snatched them out of my old O&G army. Wood is only used for hobbo bows, other than that everything will be metal, including war machines. If I decide to expand into an orc and goblin army, then I’m gonna have scrap chariots and such. I think the ability to mix in space ork parts makes up for the lost modelling opertunities of not using wooden parts

Kera foehunter:

well you have to burn something for steam. unless they use methane

like how they power everything like at thunderdome (like on mad max movie)

Willmark:

well you have to burn something for steam. unless they use methane
like how they power everything like at thunderdome (like on mad max movie)

Kera foehunter
Well the Bull Centaurs do give off a bit of methane...

Tallhat:

Chaos Dwarf Pirates! You know, Chaos Dwarfs but with a wooden leg and a boat.

Even then they wouldn't use wood. If my memory serves me right, the Chaos Dwarf fleets are massive, metal and steam powered beauties.

Uzkul Werit
Yaaarr... Has anyone made that? That would be awesome :)

- Tallhat

Kera foehunter:

I was thinking about it. They show how to make a dwarf steam ship in an old White Dwarf magazine i have. But the only wood is the stearing wheel:D

Willmark:

I like the whole dwarven concept of “if its not made of stone or iron its not worth it”… I really wouldn’t want cleave into something with a steel handle… Imagine the vibrations from that! Of course I realize it is a fantasy game, but ouch none-the-less.

Kera foehunter:

i agree on that Willmark . The only wood i strike with would be the wood handel of my pistal.

drow21:

wood huh? : as a great wizard once said burn it

, i can see them using it for things weapons, bolts stocks for weapons (blunderbuses)

basic household stuff tables etc chairs,

i dont see chaos dwarves sitting on spikes , there slaves maybee and 2 spikes would be an extravagance

Tallhat:

Im not sure I follow?

- Tallhat

AGPO:

I think the look of dwarfs has moved on since CDs were released and the line is now metal and no wood. Personally I think GW will take this line with CDs as well

Tallhat:

It would seem odd if they didnt Id say.

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

Perhaps they have swopped use wood for fuel and now use daemons. They’re used in pretty much everything else, so why not?

metro_gnome:

there was meant to be great big pits or petrol in the darklands…

the use of wood (or daemons for that matter) for fuel is unlikely…

Tallhat:

Oh yeah. Thats right. Thats from WD presents:Chaos Dwarfs.

- Tallhat

AGPO:

Besides, wood is a bit… elfen wouldn’t you say…

Tallhat:

It is :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

Willmark:

Not for a weapon handle.

zagor66:

CD would probably use metal.

Kera foehunter:

Ha ha !! i bet they used wooden handels for there whips .After 100 lashes metal would get real heavy.

wallacer:

Chaos Dwarf Pirates! You know, Chaos Dwarfs but with a wooden leg

Uzkul Werit
Yaaarr... Has anyone made that? That would be awesome :)

- Tallhat

Tallhat
This guy could pass as a CD pirate:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Blackdwarf.jpg