[Archive] Wood and its uses as it pertains to Chaos Dwarfs

Tallhat:

laughs Sure could. Sheesh thats a horrible model…

- Tallhat

Willmark:

BOOK! Shouldn’t the Book of Grudges be made from metal or stone?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Lord Zarkov:

Metal covers with vellum pages?

Willmark:

Possible, still looks papery to me! :slight_smile:

cornixt:

Animal skins were commonly turned into paper. Some religious texts even used human skin (yes, even Christian ones!)

lokigod:

hmm I think the point is why would they? There probaly the wealthiest civilization on the planet since they use slave labor and have a small population! I would assume just like regular dwarf’s they would have plenty of mythril to use for weapons. In ancient times warriors paid huge amounts if they could afford it for the best weapons… why wouldn’t chaos dwarfs also pay for the best.

Although If ya wana use wood man go on this is your army don’t let the rumblings of a history teacher hold ya back :slight_smile:

Also chaos could use clay tablets with cuniform!

Kera foehunter:

what about wooden peg legs. Metal legs would take you to Davy Jone"s locker

minty:

kera, chaos dwarves would have guns for peglegs, not wood, though I agree they would use wood, expecialy for weapon handels, and boat foundations

and, well they have an excess of slave copses, all of wich can provide leather, feul and heat, so I think the book would be leather

Rakmial:

I think wood would be unnecessary for CD society.

Fuel - coal or petrol

Weapon handles - metal or stone with rubber handgrip if necessary

False legs - Glass? Porous volcanic rock? Rubber?

51la5:

I think chaos dwarfs would use wood for all sort of thing handles platform for war machines and many other thing and the dwarf book of grudges pages are made of mithril I think.

Willmark:

As I stated earlier in this thread I think Chaos Dwarfs will use ANY substance if it suits their plans.

Nazhur:

I totally agree with you Willmark. CD would use anything. Remember that CD is not as conservative as regular dwarfs, we are all about evil progress and in that case, we use anything. Woods is a big part of progress, has been and will contuie to be. I was at one point even planing to place my fluff around a clan that was working in the lumber bussniess. Thats why they where moving around fighting, as its not so many trees around our beloved capital.

Willmark:

Nazhur, you’ll like this: On or about 09-28-2007 (from page #1 of this thread)

RE: Wood and its uses as it pertains to Chaos Dwarfs

Plus what better way to make a slaving raid even better. Acquired some slaves? Don’t send them back empty handed, cut down some trees and make them haul it back. Its all about maximum utilization of resources. Put them slaves to work immediately!

Nazhur:

Yes, so very true :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

why use wood when you have bone??. I Rather have a bone handel axe than a wood handel axe?

Willmark:

Either could work as far as I’m concerned.

AGPO:

Dwarfs inflicted the wood elves on the Warhammer world by cutting down trees to fuel their machines. As regards the book of grudges, its made out of thin sheets of Metal/Stone depending on which particular fluff you read. Wll try to track these references down.