[Archive] World Cup- 2010

Willmark:

Ok whose watching? I just watched the US get robbed… complete and utter crap.

And on a side note keep it clean everyone as tensions can run high :wink:

Canix:

They should have had the win as 3 of their players where being held within the penalty area.What about the fail that was England

How to go about proving you can’t kick a bloated pigskin into a big hole:hat

snowblizz:

I’ve watched a bit here and there but don’t really give a c***. Not like we’re ever good enough to even qualify for football so.

I’ve only started to really watch it the more they start droning on by The Wedding*. The capital is there because it is The Event in Europe right now. Well if you aren’t male or a very avid football fan at least.

*Crown-princess of Sweden’s wedding for those “not in the loop”. One couple getting married and a whole bunch of old marriages on the line if the house only has 1 TV…

warh:

I don’t like soccer, so I don’t watch it.

Swissdictator:

I always thought sports were improved with land mines… including figure skating…

In an interesting note, Willmark is very accurate on Football (Soccer) having tensions. Did anyone know it has a reputation of actually causing a war? While not totally accurate, it is often believed as such. Football War - Wikipedia

Kered:

Some random info foot ball used to be banned in England because men were playing it too much.

Though truth be told I’m not that interested in football anyway.

cornixt:

The ref in the US game should be banned for life. He made so many bad decisions in that game, it was as if he was reffing a different game to what everyone else was watching.

Baggronor:

I hate football and footballers with a passion so can’t wait for it to be over tbh. If the England team were actually good, it might make me hate them less. Might.

Some random info foot ball used to be banned in England because men were playing it too much.
Now there’s an idea :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

I’ll probably watch england if we get to the semi finals.  Although it’s looking highly likely we won’t.

snowblizz:

I'll probably watch england if we get to the semi finals.  Although it's looking highly likely we won't.

Grimstonefire
I think you'll have more luck rooting for the Colonials. Clever idea to have the colonists play as well and just call them separate teams.

Anonymouse:

Watched a bit: England should not have left it a mere 1-1 against the States (sorry guys, but America is not really a football-country, even though the players behaved much better than the Brits). Expected more from France, still expect Holland to finish after this round.

Finals will probably be Brazil v. Germany, I think.

clam:

Watch all I can get away with. I have put my money on Argentina, Spain and … England :~

Now, only Argentina seems to have the potential. But my hard still bleeds for Spain :smiley: Still 2 games left - to make it right.

And yes, USA was indeed robbed - a ref like that is a scandal.

And did anyone see that we (Denmark) - actually did manage to win a game last night. 2-1 against Cameroon - dued to lots of luck - lol :smiley:

Bassman:

I've watched a bit here and there but don't really give a c***. Not like we're ever good enough to even qualify for football so.

I've only started to really watch it the more they start droning on by The Wedding*. The capital is there because it is The Event in Europe right now. Well if you aren't male or a very avid football fan at least.

*Crown-princess of Sweden's wedding for those "not in the loop". One couple getting married and a whole bunch of old marriages on the line if the house only has 1 TV...

snowblizz
Ahahahha, is it a joke? Isn't it? Do really people in Sweden care so much about the royal wedding? :D

Well, I like to watch World cup football matches. Not a football fanatic but I think world cup is closer to the spirit of the original game than national tournaments or champions league.
I wanted Cameroon to win because I always support African teams and because of Eto'o. I'm an Internazionale supporter ;)

I support Italy of course, even tough we do not have greap players this time. I think we won't go further than quarter finals... but we always seems to perform better than we deserve :) lol exactly opposite to Holland ;)

Enjoy
Bassman

Obsidian:

Watch all I can get away with. I have put my money on Argentina, Spain and ... England :~

clam
Now now Clam, where is Holland in that list!? ;)

Not that we are playing very good right now which I really don't get! We played so well in the qualifiers... Ah well, atleast we are the first through to the next round.

To be honest this world cup is not yet giving me the special vibe such an event normally gives me. I have not seen a single match yet I really liked....

snowblizz:

Ahahahha, is it a joke? Isn't it? Do really people in Sweden care so much about the royal wedding? :D

Bassman
No it is no joke. Enough people did care. The last few weeks has basically been wedding related programs and football. Turn the tv on and there was a 50/50 chance you'd see either.

The "republican club" or whatever they call themselves have bravely proclaimed the end of the monarchy, but with this spectacle for the people, and make no mistake this was very much for the people, they have once again established their position for this generation.

There's a general election coming up again soon and I promise there's no surer way to get voted out of power than to bring up the question of "republic". I'm sure a few young hotheads will, to the detriment of their more established colleagues.

The princess has been very popular with the public I think and now that she married some random regular guy from a small town it seems to have reached a fever pitch. Heck, even the evening "newspapers" have "respected their privacy". Pretty unheard of in this day and age.

clam:

That darn wedding was all over the TV channels here in Denmark as well :sick

So glad we have ‘Canal digital’ - as they didn’t fall for that.

Kings and queens are meant for miniature war games :smiley:

Now now Clam, where is Holland in that list!? :wink:

Obsidian
They are not in it :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes you are first to qualify :hat off - but you could at least say thanks - as we literally gave you that first victory.

Willmark:

Kings and queens are meant for miniature war games :D

clam
In chess? ;)

Obsidian:

And yes you are first to qualify :hat off - but you could at least say thanks - as we literally gave you that first victory.

clam
Thank you! :cheers

clam:

That was better :wink:

Btw: we let you win - so you can play Spain in the 1/4 finals - lol

Fequiil:

i watch.

the dutch for the win!