[Archive] Worst sculpt ever?

Pyro Stick:

For 40K i would have to say Dark Eldar. They are just such retarded models. I dont know why so many people around where i live collect them. Just look at their troops. That hair is ridicolous.

catbarf:

The Dark Eldar aren’t too bad- they just use a little too much hair gel/got a little too close to the static-y bits of an antigrav engine :D. And the thing about the Ogryns is if you look in-person you see that the Ogryns aren’t sculpted badly- they’re just intentionally made to have somewhat different features and anatomy. I saw this poster a guy had made, a series of pictures of Ogryn skeletal and muscular systems that explained the weird faces.

Oh, and if you notice Mr. Hairsplosion has been photoshopped to be in two places at once.

angryboy2k:

Those Death Company Marines aren't bad.

Uzkul Werit
They ARE that bad. Look at the knees. They go in all the wrong directions. One of them looks like he's on tippy toes (even though he's not), another is "walking like an Egyptian". And they replaced figures which were orders of magnitude superior to them.

EDIT: And here are the figures that were replaced:
http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93473-02.htm

The ogryns are probably coming out for the supplement, yeah. Sneak peaks here for however long they last:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/default.htm
Picture two at the moment.

Steve

torn:

i thinkt he worst has to be the plastic sprue to convert chaos marines into possesed marines, that is jut awful, way too stupid.

also anyone remember zoats? they were dumb looking things.

nagash isnt badly sculpted its just the actual concept is awful. i think that was just the tme period gw was in when they id it, a lot of the stuff from then is pretty bad.

minty:

well, yeh, when nagash was made the best models out there where chaos dwarves (which though cool, are, wait there greatly sculpted, what gives since thre better than some models now and far supperior to all at the time, damn time traveling sculptors)

zoats where only slightly teribble, and make good bull centaur bases

The Slaver:

Hey whats wrong with the chaos trolls? they’re great. if i was a troll and was converted by chaos, thats what id wanta look like. They have real character in my opinion. Im thinking one or two might end up in my army as ogre maneaters from the darklands/slag trolls. though they’ll only ever be used in 2500 point games, i still like the models. i have one painted, and i’ll post in when i GET A &(*#@ing CAMERA!!! hehehehe (rant ended).

wallacer:

Nagash. Worst…miniature…ever

Willmark:

I’ve heard some people say (gasp) Chaos Dwarfs due to the hats. Not sure I totally agree. I love chaos dwarfs, but I’m on the Marauder style, 3rd edition mask/helmet camp. The hats don’t make the sculpts look bad, just odd, at least to me and others I’ve encountered. But hey if you like um, have at it I say.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Chaos Dwarfs, but there has to be some reason for their lack of popularity, not necessarily a bad thing, as it will be fun to drop them down and watch my opponents jaw drop. For me I can’t quite figure it as the army list kicks major butt!

Nagash would be up there for me. I also thought the Skaven Doom Wheel was rather lame in appearance and its rules, same could be said for the Skaven Screaming Bell. :rolleyes:

Dracomancer:

i thinkt he worst has to be the plastic sprue to convert chaos marines into possesed marines, that is jut awful, way too stupid.

torn
I like that sprue actually, some of the arms look quite good, although they are better suited to Warhammer Fantasy rather than 40k...

Arashi:

My vote goes to the Chaos Ogres…

Willmark:

My vote goes to the Chaos Ogres....

Arashi
I actually like those ogres better then the current beergut man boob train wreck of figures that are currently out now.

Kobarf:

This one’s rather cr*ppy, it’s a Harlequin miniature called the ‘Cloaker’ :rolleyes:

The terrible (sculpted at least) Cloaker!!!

Kobarf

Pyro Stick:

This one's rather cr*ppy, it's a Harlequin miniature called the 'Cloaker' :rolleyes:
The terrible (sculpted at least) Cloaker!!!!

Kobarf
Is that a joke? It cant be serious

Dracomancer:

Arashi
I actually like those ogres better then the current beergut man boob train wreck of figures that are currently out now.

Willmark
Moobies or no, the newer ogres have one main advantage over the any of the old ones.
They're plastic.
Seriously, to me, this makes all the difference, but then, I like converting stuff :)...

Kobarf:

Is that a joke? It cant be serious
Joke? You can still buy it online:
Click here to see the cloaker and his other fantasticly sculpted friends :p
No joke here sadly enough, so I don't think we should complain about the quality of GW sculpts, we should complain about the prices :)

Kobarf

Ingrown:

i actually fairly like the new ogres as a whole, i don’t like the butchers or others with all tha mutilation, it jus look too unrealistic, my personal hate are all the old solid plastic goblins they used to put in painting boxes, i cant find any pictures

catbarf:

Arashi

Willmark
I like the current beergut man boob train wreck figures :~

So they're fat people... get over it. They might have a style you dislike, but that doesn't mean they aren't sculpted well.

And they're really effing cheap. A single box of Bulls for $40 is around 250pts.

Willmark:

I like the current beergut man boob train wreck figures :~

So they're fat people... get over it. They might have a style you dislike, but that doesn't mean they aren't sculpted well.

And they're really effing cheap. A single box of Bulls for $40 is around 250pts.

catbarf
Nothing really to get over. Fat has nothing to do with it. I simply don't like the figures for the reasons I stated...

Hammerhand:

Would be OK if it wasn’t for the STUPID statue

Tallhat:

Id say Chaos Ogres are really bad. But in general I have to say that all things Gary Morley are really horrible. Im surprised that the ogres arent another Morley Moment.

- Tallhat