[Archive] Worst sculpt ever?

cornixt:

Haha, I hate the statue on my Cauldron too, so I turned it into an altar.

Dracomancer:

Id say Chaos Ogres are really bad. But in general I have to say that all things Gary Morley are really horrible. Im surprised that the ogres arent another Morley Moment.

- Tallhat

Tallhat
I presume you'll be happy now that he's fired then? ;)
Now if only they could do something about John Blanche, look up "overated" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of him right there... :~

I don't mind the cauldron of blood so much, but they could definetly have done something better with the statue, I do like the sorceress model that you get though, especially since i'm so used to seeing the other one, with the big hat and long face... :rolleyes:

Tallhat:

Are you thinking of the new or the old? Cause I gotta say I think the old one was worse than the new. Especially the Priestess with the full mask… :sick

- Tallhat

Tallhat:

I presume you'll be happy now that he's fired then? ;)
Now if only they could do something about John Blanche, look up "overated" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of him right there... :~

Dracomancer
Drawn by himself no doubt :)

- Tallhat

Gir:

Nagash. Plain and simple.

Nothing causes my eyes to bleed more then the killer clown of the undead.

Draconis
why does everyone have such a hate on for nagash.. the worst thing about him is yes the huge duncehat of doom but most chaos dwarf players might actually like that

u do have to remeber that the model is how old now comparing him with other figures from the time he's not actually that bad. i did like his other model better though with the chainmail helm thing he still did have the stupid cap of doom but it was coming out of a crown so it was easy enough to remove

Ghrask Dragh:

The most recent for me has got to be the new Treemen! even the old static ones look better :slight_smile:

Uzkul Werit:

Good point. The Tree Kin are just as bad. I can’t seem to work out where the head is.

Come to think of it, the Ents are just are bad.

Screaming Evil:

I don’t mind the new Tree men and Tree Kin models, i think they’re quite good. I mean they’re animated living and dead trees respectively, since when where trees perfectly humanoid?

Anyway the worst sculpts i think are the metal possessed, they’re just utterly awful. I can make better with the chaos upgrade sprue.

Also i do like the Nagash model, for an old figure its pretty good, i don’t get the hate…??

Ingrown:

I like Nagash model apart from the head, a mate of mine made a new head using the defiler skull mask as a base that looked really good

wallacer:

Are you thinking of the new or the old?

Tallhat
The old one does make an excellent Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes, for a Clan Moulder Skaven army (just as an aside ;))

Traitor King:

Ive never liked this model (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110214052&orignav=13) but its not the sculpt, i just dont like it.

Nor this one TBH (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110214053&orignav=13)

ashur:

Nagash indeed look bad.

But I dont see anything worst than this.

[attachment=145]

This is grotesque even for ogres. Anyone else feel that the warhammer universe has slowly became to serious for this?

Uzkul Werit:

I’d love that chunk of weapon for a model!

Traitor King:

I like the Greaseus Goldtooth except for the badly sculpted chicken in his hand. Also, its seriosuly out of size, that chciken leg is almost man sized… and that means one HUGE chicken.

torn:

cockatrice leg?

Pyro Stick:

Since you all seem to hate Nagash so much im just going to have to give the one i jsut boughta n awesoem paint job and hopefully change some of your minds.

AGPO:

And they're really effing cheap. A single box of Bulls for $40 is around 250pts.

catbarf
Are you serious! Since when has anything at GW been cheap? They cost relatively less than other GW metal monsters, but no one will ever convince me that �20 is good value for six sprues of mass produced vaccum molded plastic. I think the worst sculpts are the clip together models in BFSP and battle of Macragge. A lot of the minis since the wood elves annoy me as it seems GW is just going backwards

Ghrask Dragh:

I also want to throw the BFSP Dwarfs into the ring!

I hate those skirts!!! they come out way to far from the legs, it’s ridiculious. The thane seems to have the shield in place of an arm, goes way to far back into the body, and the slayer is just beyond me!

Xander has done amazing work with them, and deserves alot of credit for bringing alot of new Chaos Dwarf generals to Hashut :hat off:cheers, but I just can’t bring myself to use the dwarfs for anything.

Goblins are cool as hell though!!!

Traitor King:

TBH Ghrask, the goblins are just bog standard Night goblins.

Although… that is probably why they’re so cool.

I also agree that the [[BFSP]] slayer is one worst scult to come out of Games Workshop this year (well, out of those I can remember :P).

Uzkul Werit:

That Slayer actually has his bottom showing.