[Archive] Wounds for Warhamer

Kera foehunter:

well as i drill a drill bite into my finger kinda deep …I was wounding what are some of the things that happen to you while doing this hobby…

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you mean what injuries have I sutained whilst doing this hobby, I have 2 or 3 models that still have my skin superglued to them. I’m pretty good at avoiding injury whilst hobbying :wink:

furrie:

I cut a peace of me finger nail :stuck_out_tongue:

rabotak:

I once glue-gunned three of my fingertips while building my still-not-finished

“zikkurat of uzkulak” and then suffered from three bean-sized

Hashut’s Blessing:

Blisters.

GRNDL:

Well… I slashed my thumb open with a Stanley knife while building a plastic Triceratops as a kid, which was kind of a serious injury, but not Warhammer related. Warhammer wounds:

* While trying to cut apart a dead pewter horse for my WW1 IG models, the cutter wheel on my dremel disintegrated - a fragment of the wheel took a 3mm square chunk of the flesh from my thumb knuckle.

* While drilling holes in a metal model with a pin-vise, I pressed too hard and the drill bit broke and was driven through the cuticle of the thumb on the hand holding the model. For many minutes I wondered if a fragment of the drill bit was wedged under the nail, but after reassembling the found bits of the drill it was complete.

Nothing really serious, but when it happens your mind spins in panic.

Kera foehunter:

wow i must be a clutzs. i cut my self with a hobby knife too . while hacking figures apart

Willmark:

Numerous wounds to the hands especially more poor left hand which takes most of the brunt of my errant x-acto knife cuts.

Captain Crayon:

When I was 15 I managed to slice the tip off my forefinger on my left hand

and more recently i was drilling holes to pin a wyvern together and the drill bit broke, and I managed to impale my poor finger again (the same one).

Im clumsy, so i think i’ve been lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

Cryonicleech:

The only injury i’ve ever had is when my finger was stabbed by a Night Goblin spear, when all of a sudden my superglue lands on my finger…took me forever to pull it out…

snyggejygge:

No really dangerous injuries, but I´ve cut my fingers more times than I have fingers!

Hashut’s Blessing:

For models stabbing me, I have collected the spikiest Chaos army ever and play against various other spiky armies (of whom I often pass casualties across the table to their owners). Lots of f’ing and blinding, he he he.

Willmark:

The only injury I've ever had is when my finger was stabbed by a Night Goblin spear, when all of a sudden my superglue lands on my finger.....took me forever to pull it out....

Cryonicleech
Heh, been there with similar models, lots of spearelves in my High Elf army and all.

Cryonicleech:

ahh yes, the good old "I just got stabbed by a spear/sword/spiky bit injury…my friend always adds spikes to his evil armies so no one will touch them…hehehe

also, just got injured today when my toes got glued together and ripped some skin while pulling them apart

Kera foehunter:

Wow never gave it much thought about what hand . me being left hannded it my poor right hand that take the blunt.

zorn sabretooth:

since godbob ’ not here i ll tell you about the time he sat on a chaos biker :wink:

furrie:

ahh yes, the good old "I just got stabbed by a spear/sword/spiky bit injury........my friend always adds spikes to his evil armies so no one will touch them....hehehe

also, just got injured today when my toes got glued together and ripped some skin while pulling them apart

Cryonicleech
how did you glued your toes together ?

Kera foehunter:

lol now that funny Zorn!!!

Willmark:

ahh yes, the good old "I just got stabbed by a spear/sword/spiky bit injury........my friend always adds spikes to his evil armies so no one will touch them....hehehe

Cryonicleech
how did you glued your toes together ?

furrie
It was the rarely seen assemble the multi-part chaos warriors with your big toe method. Very difficult, I've only seen a fe people pull it off! ;)

Filipicusius:

My thumb on my left hand is as cut up as a practice target for blunderbusses.