[Archive] Wow. Just caption this... or comment away... wow

Swissdictator:

Some of the “Spartan Lifestyle” posts in the dorm…

As a history major, I think part of me died inside.

Thommy H:

Wait…is this at college?

Jesus Christ. When I was at university, snacking between meals and maximising alcohol consumption was the point. Then there’s the historical inaccuracy. Nothing about this situation adds up.

Khunag:

snowblizz:

Wait...is this at college?

Jesus Christ. When I was at university, snacking between meals and maximising alcohol consumption was the point. Then there's the historical inaccuracy. Nothing about this situation adds up.

Thommy H
American college. Makes perfect sense to me.
You can almost hear them trying to instil "Christian mortal values", but desperately trying to avoid painting them as such.

The Snowman:

If that’s all I have to do to get Abs like that… consider it done…:slight_smile:

cornixt:

You can almost hear them trying to instil "Christian mortal values", but desperately trying to avoid painting them as such.

snowblizz
I think that is easily made obvious by the part about defeating the Persians.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Funny they didn’t include "Spartans must love their neighbors."

What Spartians does this refer to? The panty whipped variety that stayed at home durring the battles? The other 300+?

Khan!:

Does your school have some connections to Sparta? Like, are your sports teams called the Spartans or something? Seems like an odd metaphor if not. Otherwise it’s kind of rubbing it in that living on residence is a ‘spartan’ and therefore uncomfortable lifestyle… :frowning:

dedwrekka:

I think this illustrates the point that we can all go out slaughtering Persians, but we have to be sober, because drinking is wrong.

I’d be willing to bet they had slides on STDs with clips from Troy.

Baggronor:

…:o

It took me a good 15 seconds of re-reading before I realised it was being serious. I feel the ‘Legal Drinking Age’ would have been a concept the Spartans would have found most amusing.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, considering boys were in millitary service and training when they were 3.

WarplockMonkey:

Swiss…someone needs a slap…

Just be thankful that they didn’t put up a Spartan dress code :wink:

- Warplock

Kera foehunter:

it be more funny if your school was the Trojans!!or the Vikings!!

Swissdictator:

I go to UW-Platteville… our mascot is the “Pioneer”.

We have a freaking large M on the hill everyone gets excited about as it is the largest in the world… they even light it on fire for homecoming.

We are known for Engineering, yet our Engineering building is… SINKING… because of all the mineshafts running throughout the area.

dedwrekka:

I go to UW-Platteville... our mascot is the "Pioneer".

We have a freaking large M on the hill everyone gets excited about as it is the largest in the world... they even light it on fire for homecoming.

We are known for Engineering, yet our Engineering building is... SINKING... because of all the mineshafts running throughout the area.

Swissdictator
Sounds like an excellent place for some Urbex

Thommy H:

Is there a page on “Spartan Sexual Habits” that mentions organised pederasty, btw?

Swissdictator:

Thommy H:

I’m pretty sure that last one is Trojans.

Perturabo:

Is there a poster telling people how to boot their enemies down big holes like Spartans? And if not, why not?

I can’t quite believe these are serious.

Kera foehunter:

Swissdictator
so where in the hell was this in the movie!!

btw are they the fighting pioneers???