[Archive] Yarrrr.... A hint of Man o' War?

wallacer:

Warseer

Thommy H:

Yep. Supposed to be a 10mm scale naval warfare game in the form of a lavish one-off limited release like Space Hulk. May or may not be called “Man ‘o’ War”.

fonejaker:

Yep. Supposed to be a 10mm scale naval warfare game in the form of a lavish one-off limited release like Space Hulk. May or may not be called "Man 'o' War".

Thommy H
i was born to late for man'o'war

Can anybody translate the gibberish on the photo?

Thommy H:

Yes, I have a translation. But I’m not posting it until you ask in a non-xenophobic way.

snowblizz:

Ah, ze young wun haz not learned the art of being polite to ztrangers.

Or is that sounding more French than German?

fonejaker:

Yes, I have a translation. But I'm not posting it until you ask in a non-xenophobic way.

Thommy H
Can i please have the translation? pretty please

PLEASE?

wallacer:

fonejaker
Wanted! Anyone with relevant information/leads should contact/report to Jago Roth, Captain of the Heldenhammer.

fonejaker:

fonejaker
Wanted! Anyone with relevant information/leads should contact/report to Jago Roth, Captain of the Heldenhammer.

wallacer
So its a wanted poster,

i suppose its a vampire pirate named jago roth

EDIT : or it could just be update on the old zombie pirate list

i hope chaos dwarfs still have there rules in the new box

snowblizz:

So its a wanted poster,

fonejaker
Yes. But also a hint on what they are going to release.
i suppose its a vampire pirate named jago roth

fonejaker
No the Vampire is Graf Noctilus.
Jago Roth is the Emprie captain hunting him from his ship the "Heldenhammer".
EDIT : or it could just be update on the old zombie pirate list

fonejaker
No it seems fairly certain that this is the "mystery release" and is a 10mm ship combat game. Though only featuring VC and Empire and some others have been suggested I see now (though nowadays I suggest always going with the lower expectation). That's what I glean from the rumours, from people who know way more than they should mind. IE they've been pretty much right so far.

fonejaker
I'm confused...

fonejaker:

fonejaker
I'm confused...

snowblizz
i see

As for the chaos dwarfs, in the old man'o'war, chaos dwarfs had rules for there own ships. What i was hoping was that we can still use our ships in the game

(of course if it is man'o'war)

snowblizz:

As for the chaos dwarfs, in the old man'o'war, chaos dwarfs had rules for there own ships. What i was hoping was that we can still use our ships in the game

(of course if it is man'o'war)

fonejaker
Ah, you meant old Man o War box. So many boxes out there.. sooo many boxes...

I was reading a bit along the Warseer rumour thread and it seems less and less like old Man o War. If the rumoured scale is accurate then it's way too large for Man O War.

Basically more ship vs ship combat than fleet vs fleet.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

fonejaker
Had your forefathers not developed radar, you'd be speaking this lovely language quite fluidly now. So blame it all on them ;)

I for my part can confirm Wallacer's translation is spot on.

10mm naval warfare game would mean the ships could be much larger than the Man O War vessels - we might actually even see ship crews!

fonejaker:

fonejaker
Had your forefathers not developed radar, you'd be speaking this lovely language quite fluidly now. So blame it all on them ;)

I for my part can confirm Wallacer's translation is spot on.

10mm naval warfare game would mean the ships could be much larger than the Man O War vessels - we might actually even see ship crews!

Ishkur Cinderhat
so what size would a 10mm ship be?

is it going to be similar scale to uncharted seas?

snowblizz:

This is a pic from the rumour thread on Warseer. A Warmaster scale whip form Forgeworld, no longer available.

Anonymouse:

Ah, ze young wun haz not learned the art of being polite to ztrangers.

Or is that sounding more French than German?

snowblizz
SILENT! VE VILL BE ASKINGK ZE QVESTIONS!

fonejaker:

i see

It seems my general will final have his vessel constructed

vulcanologist:

Yarrrrrrr! Indeed! I used to love man o war! Any new naval game will be eagerly snapped up by me… Now where did I put my parrot and my eye patch!?!

Zuh-Khinie:

even if the rules are for 10mm ships, it will be easily adapted to fit for man’o war scale… if only they include rules for all races.

Ugly Green Trog:

Yarrrrrrr! Indeed! I used to love man o war! Any new naval game will be eagerly snapped up by me.. Now where did I put my parrot and my eye patch!?!

vulcanologist
I've lost my eye-patch :(
I still have my hat and my parrot though :)

The rumoured races included in the box are supposedly OnG, HE, Empire and VC with rumours of Dwarves and DE, If the 10mm scale is true I imagine this will mean very few ships per faction as I dont see how they would fit em all in the box. This is all from hints from harry over at warseer (including the 10mm) and he is usually pretty reliable as a source. If Dwarves are in I'm converting mine to CD

fonejaker:

the rumours that are now going about is that this game (now called dread fleet) is going to be similar to an old game called broadsides and boarding parties, first published by citadel in the 80’s

and for those who dont know this what it looked like

* I THINK IS RUMOUR KINDA FAIR FETCHED , IF THEY DID THIS WITH SMALLER SHIPS IT WOULD BE AWESOME *