[Archive] Your favourite Chaos Dwarf headgear style

Admiral:

Which is your favourite style of Chaos Dwarfen headgear? Please take your time to vote in the poll and feel free to explain your choice.

For me it is a mix of all current editions, with headgear as a general rule indicating the rank the wearer and with helmets/masks as the mainstay headgear.

Nicodemus:

I like bighats, but the choice that’s missing which I quite enjoy is bald :wink:

… I’ve got a few bald CDs around, but most of them have hats, there’s the odd one that have a full head of hair, but they’re always minor characters in a larger unit… like my doom engine.

Threadbare:

I’m a fan of the 3rd edition CDs, so I guess that would be helmets, but there are a few of those that have masks on and some with no helms at all.

frogbear:

I cannot hear you over the sound of my BIG HAT! :smiley:

furrie:

The hat is always right. The hat never goes out of style. The hat forces your opponents to notice you.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can’t deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung…

Marduk:

I don’t like big hats because I think they would be a hindrance in combat. They seem more appropriate for ceremonial purposes, so in my army I would be happy to have a few characters or a special unit with big hats, but most troops would wear helmets.

What are masks?

Zanko:

3rd edition style of course! :smiley:

:hashut

Ravenswood:

Big hat, both old GW and new FW (crews)

Marduk:

The big hats on the crews are great!

Vogon:

Big hats for the important guys and regular helmets for the plebs :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

cornixt:

I go for big hats on leaders, something else for everyone else.

Abecedar:

helms and masks for me, but the big hats have grown on me (like a fungus), so I have to go for the mixture option. Big head wear could be either rank or just having big heads

Hashup:

The big hats are fun, but a little too goofy for the modern warhammer world. I voted masks as I love the fluff behind the infernal guard and their reasons for wearing them. What better way to hide the shame of a proud and narcissistic warrior then behind a solid iron mask of anonymity? I also dig that the chaos dwarfs who are in good standing get less obnoxious hats now that still have the flavour of the old bighats.

Kera foehunter:

But there is only one choice

Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

Hashut’s Blessing:

Slaves to the woman!

Abecedar:

The big hats are fun, but a little too goofy for the modern warhammer world. I voted masks as I love the fluff behind the infernal guard and their reasons for wearing them. What better way to hide the shame of a proud and narcissistic warrior then behind a solid iron mask of anonymity? I also dig that the chaos dwarfs who are in good standing get less obnoxious hats now that still have the flavour of the old bighats.

Hashup
SHAME?? what shame

propervillanz:

By far and away Masks for me. Like the new big hats but can’t really stand the old school ones, but hey, to each his/her own.

G.2:

I can’t believe there was even any need for a poll?

Unless the Poll was something like this - BIG, BIGGER, or BIGGEST.

Borador:

3rd edition style of course! :D

:hashut

Zanko
+1