[Archive] Your views?

ross_lionheart:

I was speaking to a couple of guys from the gaming club that i used to play at and they have told me Im not welcome back due to my CD army being too dirty.

I was informed that becasue I used one earthshaker cannon, 4 bolt throwers and 10 BC in a 2250 game my army was very unbalanced and I should re think things before I even think about coming back.

Personally I dont think that my army is “dirty” what do you think

quickfuze:

It is a shame this has happened to you. Honestly the list seems very reasonable. 4 Bolt throwers instead of 6 or 8, bull centaurs are expensive and 1 earthshaker instead of 2. Seems fair to me. I think your “friends” cant just walk over you and that makes them feel bad. I would be interested what armies they play. Do they play tactical armies or try to field no thought rush and roll dice armies. Just for my own curiosity. There is alot more cheeze out there. (a 25 point empire item that lets you exchange stat lines with a model in btb comes to mind, and its not one use only). You might remind them that you get the shaft on characters and magic items when compared to most codex’s. personally I think you just need to find new “friends”. Then wait until you know they will be at a tourney that they dont control and show up and spank em’ again.

cornixt:

I guess you spanked them too hard! There is no way that is a “dirty” army, only the 4 BTs might be a little much. Tell them they should be glad you don’t have a Skaven army, now that has real cheese potential.

How much did you win with it?

Kobarf:

The thing with cheesy mouse…uhm skaven armies (haha get it? :rolleyes:) is that they tend to destroy themselves more than the enemy, at least mine always does. So for every one or two good games you’re bound to have a bad one. Chaos dwarfs are more stable, but that list could be way cheesier (?) by far: two ES and 8 BT comes to mind…

If you’re really friends then I think you could settle the problem, or better their problem, with a conversation instead of banning you from the club, or you could always search another club where people might consider it a challenge to play against opponents with strong (not cheesy) lists instead of whining about it.

Kobarf

The Flying Beaver:

If you want a good laugh, bring an extremely cheesy army next time. Take 8 bolt throwers and two earthshakers. After that, they’ll see just how moderate the old army is. :slight_smile:

wallacer:

One Earthshaker and a unit of Bull Centaurs is hardly exploiting the list.

Personally I wouldn’t use 4 bolt throwers in a friendly game, but I sure as hell would in a tournament.

It would be interesting to see your entire list and also theirs.

Did you have bucketloads of Hobgoblins as well?��People seem to find 2 point Hobgoblins irritating.

ross_lionheart:

It is a shame this has happened to you.��Honestly the list seems very reasonable.��4 Bolt throwers instead of 6 or 8, bull centaurs are expensive and 1 earthshaker instead of 2.��Seems fair to me.��I think your "friends" cant just walk over you and that makes them feel bad.��I would be interested what armies they play.��Do they play tactical armies or try to field no thought rush and roll dice armies.��Just for my own curiosity.��There is alot more cheeze out there. (a 25 point empire item that lets you exchange stat lines with a model in btb comes to mind, and its not one use only).��You might remind them that you get the shaft on characters and magic items when compared to most codex's.��personally I think you just need to find new "friends".��Then wait until you know they will be at a tourney that they dont control and show up and spank em' again.

quickfuze
One of the most experienced empire players at the club commented on my army as being extremely dirty because of my four bolt throwers and my earthshaker cannon yet he was using 2 cannons, a mortar, a hellblaster volly gun and a steam tank.

The Flying Beaver:

Ahh, that explains it. A cheesy empire player is unable to completely wipe you out in 3 turns. Therefore, you are the cheesy one. :~

Xander:

Wow, what a douchebag. Seriously. o_o

AGPO:

I personally don’t have a problem with this army. When joining a gaming club it is always best to check what spirit they play the game in - if people want themed forces, close fought games or go in for power gaming its all okay as long as thats what everyone is agreed to; thats how I’d define “spirit of the game” anyway. This Empire player seems like a jerk though. Cut a deal with him - tell him you’ll ditch the Earthshaker and some of the bolt throwers if he stops using all his war machines every game.If one player allways gets thrashed or a game just becomes a dice rolling contest then its no fun but if one power gamer complains when he gets a taste of his own medicine then that sucks. I once got accused of being "beardy because my Khorne army contained a lot of small elite units and hard characters. But as I pointed out - you only get 1 phase out of three to hurt the enemy with Khorne, and they have at least one or two turns to wear you down before you get there (believe me the loss of a single unit hurts when you only have four!) In the end I played a game against this person using each others armies and gained a solid victory, thus proving my point that in most cases where people complain it is their generalship and not the armies that is at fault. Just remember that the bad workman blames his tools and the French have been making excuses about Napoleon’s hemeroids at Waterloo for nearly 200 years!

minty:

Wait, a full artilary and stank player called you cheesy, man that it

next time take the most cheeserific list possible and see what he says

Uzkul Werit:

I’m suprised that the Empire Player didn’t take the War Altar either.

As for your little probelm, forget those guys. Keep playing with that list in exactly the same place and if they have a probelm, ignore them.

Lord Darkash:

Im with everyone else here. That Empire army is cheesed to hell so he has no right to lecture anyone! Bet he had a fair few handgunners to?

This army is fine, i used one very similar myself, only had 3 BTs tho, and noone complained about it, i got a solid victory against chaos undecided army (BCs rock!)

There were no complaints at all, in fact everyone was interested to see an army they do not see often take the field.

Really those guy who told you not to come back ought to ban every army since they can all be chessed up. (my experiance with skaven has been a bad one, 21 power dice anyone? and ratling guns are not nearly unreliable enough! I yelled cheese but would never have not played him due to unbalancing!)

Stay strong and keep your chin up, Show them some real cheese if they want to see cheese!

Draconis:

Agreed.

Anyone who even deigns to whip out the Steam Tank, (Memories of 6th coming back, haven’t played 7th so I don’t know if it is still walking Limburger Incarnate) gets an instant curse in my mind. That one model alone is ten million pounds of cheese versus even 2 earthshakers, 6 bolt throwers, and a death rocket!

Seriously…dude, you beat a cheesed out list with a moderate one, and the dude is pitching a fit and so are his friends. Sounds to me like a severe bias. Here’s an idea. As one individual pointed out, switch armies. Have him play yours and you play his. Then he can decide who is fair. In fact, do it over several games. Empire Vs Chaos Dwarfs, especially with the list you posted that the guy used war machine wise, has a SEVERE advantage over CD. I am impressed you beat him, especially with the Steam Tank out there.

As for Skaven…Do NOT…get me started. Yeah…let’s have Alessio Cavatore write the book for his absolute FAVORITE army, JUST before he switches to LOTR. Fighting Skaven is a COMPLETE nightmare for me. One tournament I fought had so many jezzails and ratling guns and warpfire throwers it wasn’t funny. All the guy had to do was hit me with swarms, tie me up…and then SHRED me in the magic and shooting. Which he SOUNDLY did.

Skaven are cheese. Cheese cheese cheese cheese cheeeeeeese. (personal Opinion based on multiple battles with them) If an Army has to rely on unfortunate circumstances and bad luck to LOSE, something is WRONG.

Nehan:

Well, one steam tank is a bit cheesy, but it’s still acceptable (especially with bolt throwers which can make it unusable in 1-2 turns), imagine playing with TWO steam tanks and war altar too!

Welcome to Poland, capital of Cheese:hat off

cornixt:

One thing to bear in mind is that these couple of people don’t necessarily represent the whole gaming group even if they think they do. There are probably at least twice as many who will stick up for you.

ross_lionheart:

On top of two cannons, mortar, hellblaster volly gun and steam tank he was also using handgunners and bowmen etc

I managed to destroy his steam tank, 2 cannons and his unit of 20 handgunners with my BC lord unit :slight_smile: I obviously wont be able to use that again since its dirty :shy:

minty:

if he put a stank near your BC lord, it’s his fault it died not yours, you where just using stratagy

hal:

Basically Ross, this empire guy is whining about the fact that his gunline couldn’t beat your Chaos Dwarfs :sad boohoo.

Is it just this guy that says your army is dirty? What age is he, eleven?

minty:

I’m guessing either 8-12 the age where they think it sdays in the rule book [enter name here] must always win