[Archive] ZARGOD

Anno:

Hello World :hat off

I am an italian concept artist and I’m working with my team to create a new character of the Chaos Dwarfs.

The project includes a complete study of the character:

> background and origins

> illustrations and sketches

> a new miniature (engraved and printed)

Step by step I’II put all the material until the final result.

I hope you are interested!

We start with this illustration in black and white that soon will be colored -> it’s a small preview of Zargod!

Loki:

Sounds great Anno, that art work is ace, cant wait to see more and to see this one cloured :slight_smile:

Anno:

I post some preliminary sketches and studies of Zargod

1 �?� the mask’s study

[attachment=1553]

2 �?� the ax-bolt

[attachment=1554]

3 �?� an overall view of the first pieces that make up the character

Zanko:

I´m curious what you will create!

It sounds very interesting and promising! :hat off

Perhaps you could create a character in the tradition of the old 3rd edition ones?!?!? :wink:

I mean the real cool Chaos Dwarfs! :cheers

:hashut

Anno:

I´m curious what you will create!

It sounds very interesting and promising! :hat off

Perhaps you could create a character in the tradition of the old 3rd edition ones?!?!? ;)

I mean the real cool Chaos Dwarfs! :cheers

:hashut

Zanko
I am happy that the character evokes interest :P
The idea is to follow the guidelines of the third edition and maintain a link with tradition, but seeking renewal of certain aspects.

Here another piece of the concept

tjub:

Wow, this have loads of potential! :smiley:

Anno:

Here are two other steps!

This is a rear view

[attachment=1557]

The left arm hits hard

Scion:

Looks awesome.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hazkar:

this one will make a nice mini…cant wait to see more
where will this mini be available if its done?

Grimstonefire:

I think you need to rethink the bottom of the mask where the tusks go ontop.  Either the metal must be really thin there or the tusks stick out a lot.

You are probably a fan of the tusks, seeing as you’ve included them, but I think it would look better if the mask was extended down over the chin.  OR just cut out a section where the mouth is so you can see the teeth normally.

You know Zhargon would be a much better name, after Sargon the ruler of Akkad (in mesopotamia, or Sargon II in Assyria).  A nice hint towards the babylonian/ mesopotamian theme.

Anno:

this one will make a nice mini..cant wait to see more
where will this mini be available if its done?

Hazkar
The sculptor began working for a week, then in a couple of months (including holidays) the miniature should be ready :-) Since we will print a small number, you can calmly ask me (as long as the result of the thumbnail is best for you :-)).

I think you need to rethink the bottom of the mask where the tusks go ontop.  Either the metal must be really thin there or the tusks stick out a lot.

You are probably a fan of the tusks, seeing as you've included them, but I think it would look better if the mask was extended down over the chin.  OR just cut out a section where the mouth is so you can see the teeth normally.

You know Zhargon would be a much better name, after Sargon the ruler of Akkad (in mesopotamia, or Sargon II in Assyria).  A nice hint towards the babylonian/ mesopotamian theme.

Grimstonefire
I understand your point of view (although I'm a fan of the tusks). The idea that led us to make this choice is that the mask should look like the top of the skull, while the mouth and tusks of the dwarf the jaw of a skull. Also repeating the tusks of the dwarf of making the largest tusks helped to enhance the appearance.
Obviously, these are points of view and arguments that lead to several formal results.

Anno:

The last step

[attachment=1560]

And… another  illustration in black and white that soon will be colored

Loki:

WOW this art work is amazing :o you will have to speak to Willmark about getting some of it the next WOH magazine, keep this great stuff coming

Firehammer:

Count me in on this miniature, I am definitely interested! Nice to see a new bighat :wink:

Anno:

I am happy that the character you like it :slight_smile:

Next week I start to post the first screen of the miniature (32 mm)

WOW this art work is amazing :o you will have to speak to Willmark about getting some of it the next WOH magazine, keep this great stuff coming

Loki
If he is interested I am available here :slight_smile:

cornixt:

I love the claw/shield arm. Looks great.

Anno:

Zargod �- background :cheers

We are now translating into English all the text!

-> Zargod background <-

two_heads_talking:

So, just curious, when is the expected fabrication date and how much do you expect thismodel to cost?

Put me down for 1 or 2 (depending on cost)… I really like the look.

Anno:

So, just curious, when is the expected fabrication date and how much do you expect thismodel to cost?

Put me down for 1 or 2 (depending on cost).. I really like the look.

two_heads_talking
Thanks a lot for the compliments :-)

The model will be completed and printed in September
The price is not decided yet... I just set a price I will inform!

�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�

First wip

We are still at stage volumes and we define the skeleton�?� nothing more.
However, a first step!

[attachment=1574]

[attachment=1575]

[attachment=1576]

Loki:

WOW :o that looks awesome already and there is hardly any detail on it yet, cant wait to see more soon