[Archive] Zarreks chosen - The Force of Rhan Ghanor [MM90 set complete Oct 2018]]

TheHoodedMan:

Thank you for your feedback :hat off.

@Blood: I´m not very good at resisting temptations ;). But this is a playable force and although Ive&nbsp;&nbsp;got more models in my cupboard this will be the ones to paint first. I did 3000 points of Skaven in the first half of the year so I hope to continue with high work ethic and an improved painting quality. I learned a lot from CDO the last few weeks.<br><br>@Grollbringer: I also would like to see an infernal golem painted to see what works and what not ;). I didnt find one on the net til now!

But as written above I`m not good at resisting temptations. I plan to paint it in November or December as flagship in a pledge project (P500 you know that).

And for all who trade emissaries with me or consider doing so (you are welcome) :): I already began to prepare the models and even began to paint one. But I will not show them in advance, their future owners shall have the first look.

TheHoodedMan:

Although the new errata/faq ruined my day I would like to share my newly built BSB.
I had to build one because I swapped a regular standard bearer to Skink for some sneaky gits (he insisted ;)), thank you man.
There is a little bit to do at the joints but I am satisfied with the hammer as a great weapon or even a black hammer :hat.

Admiral:

Nice BSB! He looks the part.

TheHoodedMan:

It`s a few weeks ago but Bloodbeards pictures inspired me to post some terrain pieces, too. I had to make universal hills and woods for every kind of game so I did these in 2 or 3 shifts over a weekend:

Lazerus:

Great :slight_smile:

But we want more painted Chaosdwarfs :cheers

Fuggit Khan:

You can never have enough terrain :cheers

I think a variety of well made terrain pieces is just as important as a well made army, they compliment each other and make for a funner game.

Good stuff :hat off

Yodrin:

Nice BSB there, and the terrain looks great as well!

TheHoodedMan:

The few hours painting the last days were dedicated to the emissaries. Apart from that I did the first brushes on the destroyer.

Two wip Pictures:

Abecedar:

You can never have enough terrain :cheers
I think a variety of well made terrain pieces is just as important as a well made army, they compliment each other and make for a funner game.

Fuggit Khan
Ditto. Thats what so easy about styrofoam. Need a bigger hill, hang on one minute

TheHoodedMan:

As the model takes its time I decided to post a further wip. It`s still a bittle rough but Base colors and one wash are mostly applied. Next is some highlighting and to work a little on the glow from within. I am satisfied with the model, hope you like it too.

Fuggit Khan:

That Destroyer is a beautiful model…yours is the first one I have seen painted, and seeing it with paint makes me appreciate the model all the more. It’s impressive! I actually like that it has such a ‘mechanical’ look to it, truly something born from a Daemonsmiths workshop.

The sideways leaning pose seems a bit odd though, not sure why the sculptor did it that way?

Admiral:

Nice work! It’s starting to look like a real killer.

TheHoodedMan:

@Fuggit:

The daemonsmith genius who crafted the metal hull of this destroyer was promised to be a sorcerer-prophet with a own ziggurat after completing his work. Pity that the destroyer in his first rage ripped him into pieces after summoning… But his name shall be written forever in the chronicles of the dark dwarves.

I agree with you in all points. It looks like a daemon machine and I want to give him a little more “fire from within”, hope that will work. Its not far from completing. I suppose the sculptor wanted to give him a dynamic pose, this was nearly overdone to the left. But from my point of view it is still ok when you look at the battlefield in one of my first posts.

TheHoodedMan:

Here finally it is, summoned by Zarrek from the magma pits, to wreak havoc to the foes of the dark dwarves, the steel hammer of rhan ghanor:

The K`daii destroyer.

Admiral:

Great! I’d put in a little more red in the lava, but otherwise it definitely looks the part. :hat off

Scar:

Very nice k’daai!! :smiley:

Lazerus:

Very Cool

We need more :slight_smile:

Bloodbeard:

This model is the best thing to come out of that Kickstarter. It’s a fantastic piece, glad it made the unlock.

First one I’ve seen painted up. You’ve done a good job, the different metal colours work well with it. However I do think you should go over the face again. It looks a bit flat, compared to the rest of the model.

I would suggest more gold, to bring out the face. Perhaps make it all golden and then let the teeth, nose ring be dark metal

Or you could add the red colour used on the stones inside the mouth - as a glow of sorts.

It think it’s a shame the face vanishes behind the rest of the arms. The golden rims really stand out.

Do you have anything else from the Sons of Kashan Vra?

TheHoodedMan:

@Admiral: Interesting with the lava because another one said I should make it brighter ;).

@Blood: You are right with the face, I am not yet satisfied with that, that`s the main reason I did not varnish the model until now. The head should be the centerpiece of the model. Red inside the mouth and perhaps eyes is a very good idea an perhaps I make the metal a little brighter (at least the edges).

No more Titan forge models at the moment. For me personally I find the infernal golem by far the best model from the range. The others are a little bit steampunk if I remember it right.

For the fireborn I will use Rackham earth elementals.

Admiral:

Well, you could make it both brighter and redder. Add a little more red/orange to the outer edges, and highlight the inner part up to bright yellow with dots of pure white in some places. More contrast, in short. :slight_smile: