[Archive] Zuh-Khinie's army blog (K'Daai destroyer update...)

Zuh-Khinie:

Welcome to my blog.

I’ve been here for over a year now, and have enjoyed the sight of all of your painted miniatures…

So now, it’s time for me to return the favour.

First off though, I have to apologise for the poor quality of my photos (they were made with my iPhone), but I promise that as soon as I find my digital camera again, I’ll repost the pictures of my miniatures.

I hope you can enjoy what I already have to offer though.

My two warrior heroes: Zuh-Khinie (the green one), and his nephew Kha’Arrod

My first, almost completed unit :slight_smile:

metal warriors, command and a random plastic warrior

my unit filler (limited ed. warhammer forge chaos ogre)

and my first deathrocket (still need to paint the rest of crew)

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

rabotak:

well, congrats to your first unit! I like the color and your style - the shields look awesome, and the green on zuh-kinie (nice pun btw :slight_smile: ) is a blast, fits the model nicely, and as far as these pictures can tell they´re brillantly executed!

Skink:

Uhrm… The models look great! But better photos would help! These are kind of blurred and extremely foggy! Difficult to distinguish some detail in there…

Time of Madness:

A bit hard to see, looks foggy.

Love the look of the chaos ogre, one of my fav forgeworld models!

Time of Madness

Zuh-Khinie:

Yeah, the light on the white paper reflects quite hard into the lens of my iPhone which, let’s be honest, just isn’t cut out for this sort of thing.

But as promised, as soon as I find my camera again (it’s somewhere in the mess I call ‘the second bedroom’), I’ll make some better quality pictures for you all :slight_smile:

And indeed, ToM, the chaos ogre-model must be the best ogre EVER sculpted by GW (or related compagnies).

Zuh-Khinie:

and ofcourse, the camera was right in front of me all along…

zobo1942:

Wow - great job!

I love the ‘Hero with Axe’ colour scheme - it’s very close to the colour combination I’m hoping to use on the same model!

Do you plan on sanding/flocking the bases?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow, really like the old models, can’t go wrong with these. :slight_smile:

zobo1942
That would be my question too. These bases are not finished, are they?

Zuh-Khinie:

Wow - great job!

zobo1942
thanks!

zobo1942
I still need to place a finishing hand on 5 more warriors before the unit is finished, and then I'll base the unit as a whole. I've always found basing to be quite daunting.
I find it hard to get an even an consequent finish on all bases, that doesn't draw too much attention away from the paintjob.

vulcanologist:

Great models, great painting… Can’t wait to see more!

ryanamandaanna:

Love that Ogre! I looked on Forgeworld and didn’t see it…

Zuh-Khinie:

A friend of mine picked it up for me at GD Germany last year or 2 years ago… don’t really remember.

It was a limited edition pre-warforge release to get people excited about the coming of a forgeworld warhammer line.

They pop up very rarely on ebay (I’ve only seen it on there twice). I’m still looking for a second one myself…

Time of Madness:

Those pics look a lot better now! Love the basic warriors! Nice use of the marauder shields.

Time of Madness

Skink:

I absolutely love the color scheme. Tangerine orange is my favored color :slight_smile:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

What a fun army! Nicely done!!

tjub:

Heretic, there is no such thing as a green Chaos Dwarf! Looks great though… :slight_smile:

Bassman:

Wow, some of the best Big hats ever seen! Great painting job. I love how your painting scheme is “classic” but different at the same time.

Longing to see more!

BeeZharr:

I love these. They remind me of my old Big Hats I had many years ago, and regret getting rid of… goes into corner, cries and rocks a little

Zuh-Khinie:

Heretic, there is no such thing as a green Chaos Dwarf! Looks great though... :)

tjub
Well, that has a few reasons... I was planning on doing an immortal unit for the indyGT rules and wanted a striking 'elite' colour scheme for them... but the new Tamurkhan book makes it a bit redundant.

Also, one of my fourite bands is Type O Negative. And guess what? They primarily colour their instruments, cd's and whatnot this type of green and black :)

And thirdly, Zuh-Khinie is a heretic. Hence the black and white skull (which still is a weak point to me when I look at the model) of Malal.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7793

Anyhow, here's a picture of the shield on his back.
I absolutely love the color scheme. Tangerine orange is my favored color :)

Skink
It's not especially my favourite colour, but I do love painting it!
But boy, do I have a treat for you then!

These are some figures of my partly finished BBteam (n°6 still needs to be finished).

And then while we're at it: here are some other completely unrelated pictures.

These are 3 maneaters I've finished so far (pirate, geisha and ninja).

Anyhow, thank you all for the nice comments so far!!! :cheers

Admiral:

Really nice Chaos Dwarfs. I like your painting and use of Marauder shields for the CDs. It looks alot better than flat shields. The Chaos Ogre is good as well, as is the unrelated stuff.