Artisan’s Contest XXXVI - Winners!

“The Bastards Have Arrived”

The Brazen Bastards Present: The winners of the 36th Artisan’s Contest on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

As always, we had a myriad of wonderful entries, with submissions spanning from teapot wielding mad-hats to dancers of the far east valley. Very tight voting and it was exciting to see the chaotic renditions.

And the winners are:

1st Place - Golden Gear Winner: Entry #8 - @Loidrial
TIE
2nd Place - Silver Gear Winner: Entry #7 - @Edharg
2nd Place - Silver Gear Winner: Entry #1 - @Vapo

3rd Place - Bronze Gear Winner: Entry #5 - @Reaver

The entry key!

01 @vapo

02 @Jackswift

03 @bowser

04 @KhamdrimSkyMaster

05 @Reaver

06 @MichaelX

07 @Edharg

08 @Loidrial

09 @Zoddtheimmortal

Medals will arrive shortly! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

This contest is sponsored by the bastards. The winners will get to choose from the bastards sculpted by @Reaver so far.

@Loidrial with Igloohat Shark-Bearer will get the full set of 5 printed miniatures.
@Edharg with Doom and Gloom Big Hat gets to choose 2 printed miniatures.
@Vapo with Ol’ One Claw gets to choose 2 printed miniatures.
@Reaver deferring to @Jackswift with the Deadly Dancer gets to choose 1 printed miniature.

And the random draw @KhamdrimSkyMaster will get to choose 1 miniature.

Meet the bastards to choose from!

Karpok of the Blubberborne

Porco Dio

Oss Crook-Finger

Unzi Al-Ashrar

Zhiekward of Cath-Arin

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to @MichaelX for getting the Bastard dreams this far. We hope people enjoy these first bastard draft prints! Hopefully soon we’ll see these pieces of art made into new bastards for the forges.

And that’s it for this round of Artisan’s Contest. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs or the Bastards’ thread. :wink:

Next up, a very special Golden Hat Contest!

The Staff

13 Likes

Well deserved guys!

3 Likes

Congratulations to the winners. Looks to have been a close competition for the top 3. Well done everyone.

3 Likes

Congrats all, you lovely bastards!

@Loidrial you’ve done this to yourself. but I think it’s somewhat obligatory to add :igloohat:
__:arrow_down:
__:ice_cube:
:head0: .

edit: alternatively it could be named :iceshedhat: :ice_cube: :shed:

4 Likes

Hauahau that’s some strange hat to draw hauahauau
I’ll have a look at it hauahaha

Grazie guys for the votes! Finally I had the mindset to complete this sketch I made something like 2 years ago and never finished!!

If it’s fine with you all, I’d love to pass my prize to @Jackswift as I truly enjoyed his work!
Also I’d love to see more of it, it looks like a drawing test piece from art school, it’s so beautiful for me!

The other winners totally rocks too! The turnip one should have been an :eggplant:
And the slug sorcerer is fucking metal!!

Also that colorful drawing, it captured everyone attention and love!!

Well done to us all!!
:shed:

3 Likes

Awesome entries all around and a big congrats to the winners! Some great concepts, and well earned trophies! All of these would make great models!

• Rut, Grubber of Rootshut was just plain brilliant and hysterical in concept and execution. Made me laugh out loud.
  • Igloohat Shark-bearer was likewise unique and beautifully rendered, and the background details a great add to the piece
  • Old One Claw caught my eye instantly, a sinster and commanding presence. Would love to see and paint a miniature of this
  • And Doom and Gloom wonderfully expressive, and great details on the hat and armor

@Loidrial and @Reaver thanks for the compliments. I very much appreciate it and would love to lay paint on the existing bastards.

I need to do more drawing than I do, so I will have to come up with more concepts. I’m always up for doing a version of other people’s concepts as well, which I have done on a few occasions for Admiral.

I would really like to sculpt the Deadly Dancer (Blade Maid?). May have to give it a go, though not sure my skills are up to par for that.

Now to go dig up links to 15 contest entries to get that medal.
Cheers all!

7 Likes

I also thought your entry (jackswift) was brilliant. The closest thing ive seen to it is the is the 4a miniatures weeping queen . It isnt similar…

Hope it gets made one day… i imagine red armour on her.

Loidrials entry was brilliant (the tusks pointing down rather than up is so appropriate). Love walhut. What caught my eye was the war machine in the background. Id like to see a detailed version of that, really big potential there…

5 Likes

Dam that’s way better!

4 Likes

Great entries all around and some well deserved wins. Bring on the next comp!

5 Likes

Patience! While Admiral may have built Rome in a day, it’ll take ol Reaver more than a day to thoroughly sack it.

That said, I’m impatient. Expect it to be live tomorrow when the sand wills it.
__:sailboat:
:head4:.

6 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! Many great and inspiring entries.

4 Likes

Congratulations. Amazing Bastards all round

5 Likes

Congrats to the winners, and all participants. Amazing art all around!

1 Like

Congrats! Well deserved and really inspiring… :slight_smile:

4 Likes