Ash Wastes Resurrection

It’s been a while sorry. Between those bloody competitions our task masters keep throwing at us and trying to keep the wife happy, well life is full. I’m just about to sell some miniatures so I had to get out everything else. Anyway seeing the sorry state they are in, I got around to trying to cohesify all of their movement bases. These are whats in front of me for the moment

9 Likes

Having trouble finding the right paint to match what I’ve already done on the bases. If only this stone turned brain of mine could remember.

And I wrote this at the same time as my last post but didn’t hit enter

60th Birthday today. Got the Hellfane from my son, the painted Maghorin “Alchemist” from a great mate and Lasagna and cheese cake from my wife

12 Likes

Happy birthday abecedar!
The alchemist looks great. We dont see enough mantic cds around here. I look forward to seeing your interpretation of the hellfane

1 Like

Happy Birthday! The alchemist looks amazing! And I am jealous of your Lasagna and Cheesecake! Instantly hungry just reading it!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Herzlichen Glückwunsch und alles Gute! Have a great birthday, another great 60 years and I look forward to seeing the Abyssal Dwarf Hellfane painted! :beer:

1 Like

Happy birthday great sorceror!

Great presents. Have a fun day…

1 Like

Great gifs, even though as an Italian I am little bit scared by “lasagna and cheese cake” :grin:
Happy birthday

1 Like

Happy birthday! Sounds like a great day! :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats on another rotation! Your army looks great all laid out all together, and that Hellfane looks like a fun model to build and paint.

1 Like

I really have to get on top of this posting stuff on here malarky.

My Legendary Lord. Lord Kafi-Ginnung. Bearer of the Void-Fire, Vengence of the Forgotten.

He tortures the ground and binds Daemons into it to create his “Flying Carpet”

Feck!! Focused on the grass. I suck at photos
I’ll try to do better photos tomorrow

12 Likes

Your model is really unique! :hatoff:

I was sure that you would come under the top 3! Strange that was not so … :thinking:

Nevertheless, your model would have deserved it! :beer:

3 Likes

Aye, a really lovely character! Great conversion there, and such a slick idea for the flying carpet. He was among my favourites due to the innovative bound Daemon carpet.

He looks particularly good against that background!

2 Likes

The flying carpet is inspired! He looks fantastic. Oh and a great title too.

2 Likes

First up tonight, the flying carpet itself. It started of as this basic model in 2015.
WiP Flying Carpet 1b
After that it languished unloved as inspiration left me. Then earlier this year the binding of a daemon to it came to me. And here is the result.

The chains are in the shape of the Chaos Star, with the Daemon heads at the cardinal points and the mere human skulls at the others. Connected by chains carrying the void fire from its origin on the end of the sorcerers staff

7 Likes

My Legendary Lord. Lord Kafi-Ginnung. Bearer of the Void-Fire, Vengence of the Forgotten.

Hopefully these pictures are better.

Lord on Fire GH XL1 a

Lord on Fire GH XL1 b

Lord on Fire GH XL1 c

11 Likes

It’s been a while and I am trying to do stuff, but again a bloody slave backstabbed me

5 Likes

Eh, unless thats Halloween maybe you should visit a hospital instead of posting…? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

How did you do that? Looks pretty bad. Hope you are right handed

1 Like

Was waiting for my co-workers to pick me up. And i did it with a scalpel