“Awaiting approval”

Just tried replying to a topic (in Introductions), but discourse set the post to “awaiting approval” instead of adding it to the thread. What is this about, did someone play with the preferences or was there an update that changed something or are there wordlists with suspicious word or some strange limits for something that sets post to be manually approved?

2 Likes

I received the same message when I posted.

3 Likes

Its because you are dodgy geezers

:hob2:

4 Likes

Weird, afaik the only limitations are for new users. Basic spam protection.

You (@Kuanor) and @Zoddtheimmortal definitely do not qualify as those.

Ive double checked the settings (quick pass) and dont see weird settings.

Ill look into it though.

If anyone else encounters this, could you let me (or another admin) know the specifics? Where, when, what message, …

2 Likes

The only time it happened to me was when making and replying to the thread in News about WAP books. Obviously K’s point is about Intros, but could it somehow be a category thing? The only other thing i can think of is the formatting rules but they usually point blank prevent you from posting, which is annoying at voting time but a split second easy to prevent

1 Like

Yes, I was surprised to find notifications about @denelian5 , @Kuanor and @Zanko needing approval to reply to a topic in Introductions. I approved them swiftly, but for some reason I didn’t think of mentioning the issue here. My pardons.

Good thing you brought it up, @Kuanor !

4 Likes

I found the bad guy

New topics still require approval, but replies do not!

8 Likes

We are so lucky to have such a dedicated Moderator team, you are a credit to yourselves @Admiral and @MichaelX

4 Likes