Bas paints even more of stuff! [BATG 2023]

A diorama full of dioramas! GENIUS

Too much character to digest in this photo

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been neglecting this blog a bitā€¦

I didnā€™t feel like painting for a long time. Just couldnā€™t get started.

Planned to paint some old 40k Orks, but only got so far as basing and undercoating them.

But I did paint some Orky scenery! Mostly to serve as a backdrop for the Ork army pics, but that will have to wait for a bit.

So this is my production of the past couple of months:

Itā€™s a couple of Kill Team Orktarius pieces plus an Ork Mek shop (converted to fill the gaps).

It can be put together in a couple of different configurations:

Bought and added to the pile: 23
Printed and added to the pile: 0

Painted models: 69
Painted scenery: 31 (+16)

Current Score: -77 (-16)

Up next I hope to update this a bit more.

Start of September is the finale of our Middle Earth Escalation campaign, and the week after that Iā€™m going to attend my first Middle Earth Strategy Game tournament. So Iā€™ll have to finish my Halflings for that. A lot of work still to do, but I should be able to show off a finished army in a couple of weeks.

5 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS AMAZING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BOY WHAT A SPECTACLE!!! :eggplant:

Time for a massive photodump!

I finished the Shire army, just a couple of characters to go but thatā€™s for another time.

So last week I played in a tournament, and you could score for Displayboard. Sounded like a cool challenge, so I grabbed this chance to build my first army display!

I had to paint a lot of Hobbits to finish this army, and then I got in the groove so I painted some more. When I reached 64 painted models, I just had to add some more for 69ā€¦

So thatā€™s some assorted characters, 30 Militia, 25 Archers and 20 Shirrifs.

There are only 4 sculpts for each type, so I tried to sculpt/convert the rest so there are only a couple of duplicated in the army. I tried to go for a full metal army, but in the end that just took the whole fun out of it and I added a couple of 3d prints.

Unfortunately for this BATG I bought most of these models this yearā€¦

So for the numbers that doesnā€™t do too muchā€¦

Bought and added to the pile: 88 (+65)

Painted models: 138 (+69)
Painted scenery: 33 (+2)

Current Score: -83 (-66)

6 Likes

And some more pics. After all the Hobbits I could use a pallete cleanser, so I painted some random models.

Had some old LotR figures lying around, and I might play a more Hero heavy army after the Hobbit horde, so I painted some Helms Deep heroes:

And I was in a Star Trekky mood, so I bought and painted up the new Star Trek Away Missions boardgame:

Fun minis with nice big cartoony proportions so really chill to paint up after all the tiny LotR scale.

Bought and added to the pile: 98 (+10)

Painted models: 152 (+14)
Painted scenery: 33

Current Score: -87 (-4)

9 Likes

Cranking out great work! No small amount of versatility in painting showed in just a few pictures. Quite the style contrast between the LOTR and the Trekkies, all came out excellent!

1 Like

Yup agree totally, bas you are a very talented painter. The borg guy really catches the eye!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

1 Like

More Hobbits!

Last weekend I played at a 9th Age tournament, and I used my Halfling army as Equitane/Bretonnians.

This means I had to add a couple of units.

This was my army. We also made some Bunbun goodies for the tournament play:

For this tournament I rebased the Griffon and the Green Knight, repainted my Archers and build a Bolt Thrower:

I also build some Sky Heralds (basically Pegasus Knights light cavalry), with fully sculpted riders:

And I sculpted a unit of Questing Knights on Assault Group chickens:

Super stressfull to get it all finished in time, I was working on them until an hour before I had to leave before the tournament, but it was all ready to go at the tournament.

So that brings me to:

20 Archers, a Warmachine, 3 Bird Riders and 9 Knights painted/sculpted.

Bought and added to the pile: 98

Painted models: 185 (+33)
Painted scenery: 33

Current Score: -120 (-33)

10 Likes

I love halflings! Your army looks great,

What about some dark halflings in your chaos dwarf army, could be hobbos or goblin slaves?

Im always looking for ways to incorporate them

2 Likes

Bas Iā€™m really trying not to buy Araby Halflings from Maxminiā€¦ and all this halfling inspo is not helping. The rooster cav unit is my favorite!

3 Likes

Another pile of minis!

Recently we started a small Blood Bowl 7s campaign with our gaming group. 7s is lots of fun to play a quick game on a gaming night, and I really wanted to paint up a new team.

And what team is even worse than Halflings? Lets go Goblin team!

I already had some Gobbos and a Troll painted for my Orc team, and now I painted up the rest of the Goblin box and bought some Secret Weapons to complete the crew:

Also painted up a new ball and some tokens (Stupidity for the Troll and Bomb for theā€¦ Bomb).

During the lockdown I build a 7s pitch, but I didnā€™t have the matching Dugouts to complete the ā€˜setā€™, so I took some plasticard and build a matching set for this board:

Bought and added to the pile: 103 (+5)

Painted models: 202(+17)
Painted scenery: 35 (+2)

Current Score: -134 (-14)

7 Likes

Still in a Blood Bowly mood, so I painted up this small Snotling team I had lying around. Not enough for a full team, but goog enough for 7s!

Now I can field all different Greenskin teams in 7s.

Bought and added to the pile: 103 (+5)

Painted models: 214(+12)
Painted scenery: 35

Current Score: -146 (-12)

8 Likes

Final Hobbits done for my Shire army.

These were the last Hobbit models for MESBG I had left. Some of these had been in my collection waaaaay too long.

Hereā€™s Bandobras Took (the mounted Hobbit) back in 2010 when I first started to play my Halfling armyā€¦

Bought and added to the pile: 103

Painted models: 222(+8)

Current Score: -154 (-8)

6 Likes

Some more random stuff from my to do pile:

Blood Bowl Goblin star players:

And some LotR stuff Iā€™ll probably never use in game:

Bought and added to the pile: 110 (+7)

Painted models: 232(+10)

Current Score: -157 (-3)

7 Likes

As a reward for finishing up my Hobbit warband I wanted to include a Gandalf! And ofcourse with the option for Gandalf in cart, that would be the model for me. It helped that I had bought the model a long time ago for my Warhammer Halfling army.

But I didnā€™t like the original. His horse was pony-sized. And when looking at screenshots from the movie, that cart was way too narrow. So a few bits of plasticard and some greenstuff later, I fixed all my problems. Even had room to include a Hobbit on the driving seat:

Ofcourse I also had to include a Gandalf on foot, and for completionist sake I finish up all other Gandalf I owned.

Bought and added to the pile: 112 (+2)

Painted models: 233(+4)

Current Score: -159 (-2)

7 Likes

Little update, not really for the numbers but for my blog:

Last weekend was crazy times for wargaming.

First on Friday I recieved MichaelXā€™s gift for the holiday gift exchange! Some reinforcements for my Tyranids army. Donā€™t think these count towards my numbers?

On Saturday I played in a 9th Age tournament with my Halfling Equitane army. This army really isnā€™t for me, too elite. So time to dust off my Goblins for 2024!

On Sunday I played in a doubles 40k tournament! My first 40k tournament and only my 2nd game in 10th edition, so a lot to learn. Unfortunately due to the new codex I had to rebase a lot of my models that I just finished this year! But to make a positive out of a negative, this game me a chance to update my bases in the scheme I had in mind from the start!

And then on Monday we played another match in our ongoing Blood Bowl 7s league. My Goblins lost, but it was still a lot of fun. Tomorrow I get to play Bolgā€™s Snotling team for the losers final!

Then some pics and no changing numbers:

7 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/oTPjwqP.jpg

I see green brush water, but no green on the miniature?!

The first fellow is one of the original Tyranids? right?

The halflings are one of your 10mm armies? Iā€™ve really got the bug for this; especially where 3d printed miniatures have taken detail. Iā€™ve gone a little over-board on ordering a few 10mm resin miniatures.

I also noticed thatā€¦on one of the facebook groups somebody edited STLs to make some custom minisā€¦that really has got me thinking!

No brush water, but green sugary soda ;p Though it fit with my Tyranids nicely.

I do have 10mm Halflings, but theyā€™re all metal or sculpted, no 3d prints for me.

But 10mm resin minis are awesome! Always nice to see more Minihammer!

1 Like

Soda, phew! I was just going to say that that much Absinth canā€™t be good for your brain! :sweat_smile:

Sweet 'nids though. I always imagined theyā€™d be a hastle to paint but I bet itā€™s fun!

1 Like