Bas's painting goes ever on and on... [BATG 2024]

Time to finally start my BATG 2024 topic, even though a month has already passed.

I did paint in the last month, but I didn’t have time to make a new topic yet!

So lets go 2024!

My plans:

• Paint up an evil MESBG army. This should be easy, since I’m in an Escalation league again and I’ll have deadlines throughout the first half of the year. I’m going for a Far Harad army, so elite Camel riders and Half-Trolls (and not a horde army again). Chance of succes: 99%

• Paint up a Malifaux crew. A bit of a cheat, since most of the work has already been done in January. Also, another Escalation League, so should be able to work some models from my pile. Chance of succes: 99%

• Paint up an Old World army. Not really hyped about the game right now, but a friend is hosting a tournament in April so I should finish an army. Not really interested in re-basing, and I have a bunch of Dogs of War models in my pile, so Tilean Empire? Chance of succes: 50%?

• Paint up a Conquest army. A friend is hyping me up for this game. Not that many mini’s, and Orcs on dinosaurs? Not sure if I can resist. Probably a higher chance of happening, even though these won’t come from my pile… Chance of succes: 66%?

• Painting more Tyranids. I love playing 40k at the moment, and still have a bunch more models to do. Lets see if I can get myself in the mood for painting more blue and purple ;p Chance of succes: 85%?

Now a couple more random goals:

• Paint up the Horizon Zero Dawn boardgame. A leftover from last year. I’d love to get this set painted up, but not sure when/if I have time for this. Chance of succes: 22,7%?

• Paint up some Walking Dead: All out War models. I love this game, in theory. I own way too many models for it, but have never played a game. Then again, don’t play with unpainted models. Love to give this a shot. Chance of succes: 47,3%?

• Paint up the 40k Boarding Actions terrain set. A supercool set of terrain, and I recently played a game of Boarding Actions and that was fun as well. Shouldn’t take too long, but how much do I love drybrushing a pile of plastic? Chance of succes: 31,9%?

Lets see how far I get this year. Hope you enjoy the ride!

4 Likes

January flashback pt. 1:

So at the end of January I had a Ninth Age tournament (probably the last one now that Old World is here?). The plan was to play with the new Goblin list, but for that I needed a new unit; Gogtuk Initiates (basically elite Goblins). So I got to work:

Also painted up a couple of Big Shrooms for a magic Goblin Forest. Unfortunately most of the parts used for these Goblins were gifted to me, so count as added to the pile :cry:

Bought and added to the pile: 20 (+20)

Painted models: 20 (+20)
Painted scenery: 3 (+3)

Current Score: -3

8 Likes

Another small January update:

As I said in the first post, a friend is trying to convince me to play Conquest, so he got me a few models.

So I painted up a Wadhrun Predator:

And a special edition Christmas model?

Bought and added to the pile: 22 (+2)

Painted models: 22 (+2)
Painted scenery: 3

Current Score: -3

5 Likes

Another little January update.

I was very late, but I finally finished my Secret Santa gift for @Zanko !

I first sculpted this model together with his brother in checks old topic September 2011? Yikes. Back then he looked like this:

His brother got painted:

But this model ended up in my bitsbox, partially finished, for quite some years. This was a good excuse to finally paint him up. But I wasn’t happy with the sculpt anymore, so updated it for Zanko!

He made some pictures for his own blog, but here are mine:

Quite like how he turned out, so it was a bit sad to see him go…

But maybe this is the time to start a new/updated Chaos Dwarf Ogre army? Sell the old army, start a new one? Hmm… Unfortunately Ogres are not officially a part of the Old World.

Bought and added to the pile: 22

Painted models: 23 (+1)

Current Score: -4

@Loidrial Look I finally made another Chaos Dwarf Ogre! ;p

7 Likes

AAAAAAAA UNBELIEVABLE! I’m possibly the happiest around here to see your beautiful work on those amazing conversions!
If you wanna sell them I’ll give you my address ahuahaua
Or even ask for a commission of a singular one! I’d love to have one of your models in my collection!
Man you are a rockstar

3 Likes

After this little flashback I was in a nostalgic mood, so I re-uploaded all pictures in my old Big Hat Ogres topic!

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/archive-big-hat-ogres/

4 Likes

Another random update; I painted a small Malifaux crew.

These gals have been in my pile of potential for years, and it was nice to finally paint them up! Still have some additions ready to paint, but not sure when I’ll get to them…

Painted models: 31 (+8)

Current Score: -12 (-8)

5 Likes

Small little update, just to show I’m still alive ;p

Yesterday I played my first Old World tournament using my Boar Boys army. Still not convinced by the game, but at least these boys got some play again.

For most models I used base adapters, but I had a sudden burst of inspiration and paint up an old mounted Shaman I still have on my to do pile:

Fun little project, and it even inspired me to convert up a mounted BSB (which I’m working on now).

Painted models: 32 (+1)

Current Score: -13 (-1)

6 Likes

Another small update:

Recently me and some friends went to the opening of a new Wargaming store. We basically went there to play some Conquest or at least buy some minis, but in the end we were seduced by some Moonstone.

Ofcourse I ended up with a couple of Goblins:

This was the most fun I had painting in a long time, so there might be some more from this game in the future!

Saturday we’re going to play our first game, so lets hope the game is just as fun!

Bought and added to the pile: 26 (+4)

Painted models: 36 (+4)

Current Score: -13

3 Likes