Bluebeard's Clan Chaos Dwarfs showcase

Looks so good! Very striking with the blue beards as well… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

They look great! The golden tone on the arrows is perfect

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

Here is the new unit, blunderbusses. They were in dire need of a rehab! Color chipped, bases broken, even some metal parts bent.
I decided to rebase them and add some new recruits thanks to @Loidrial and @Fabelzel
I also had a lone musician, never painted, he deserved a paint job after so many years :heart:

8 Likes

And here the unit completely renewed. I decided to give them a completely new banner. I choose a super classic design from the 5th edition manual. It’s 100% freehand, of course, no decals for me.

You cna also admire the ultrarare, never released, 5th edition blunderbusses standard bearer :laughing: ok, only the veterans will understand it’s a joke :cd1991:

20 Likes

Beautiful unit, nice to see how seamlessly the different miniatures all fit together.
I’m especially impressed by how well the stacked bases effect is, very well done.

2 Likes

Some action for the Blunderbusses :bomb: :bomb: :boom: :boom:

9 Likes

These days I see a classic big hats bonanza and I cannot miss it!

So let’s share a picture of all my Chaos Dwarf unit banners I painted so far.

17 Likes

Nothing new to see here, just a pic for fun and a little story :grin:

Snarrik, commander of the wolfriderz, believed to be the smartest hobgoblin.

“I’ll show them what I can do, today my dumb masters will recognize my tactical genius!”

He moved his wolfboys around the battle front. With a big loop (far away from missile fire, magic and every possible danger…just in case) he took cover in a wood just to jump behind enemy lines. He spotted the weakest point of the greenskin horde the Chaos Dwarf army was facing. Not the Black Orcs (of course!), not the orcs (not in the right tactical position, of course!), not the Orc Boar Boyz (my wolves have problemz with those pesky pigs… of course!), not the Trolls (c’mon who want to fight covered with stinky vomit? sorry), not the lumbering giant (he has problems of intimate hygiene, even worse than ours…) but the weak fragile Night Goblin unit (by the chance they were the closer and in the optimal position for a charge…).

“I’ve done it! Let’s show everybody my tactical genius. Boyz, yes including you, Grizzit and Jazzik stop fighting, let’s show them what we can do!!!.. hey, just a moment, what are those two guys with the big iron balls popping out from the goblin unit!!!”

It seems that Snarrik’s tactical genius though about every detail but one: fanatics!!!

11 Likes

Being one of the oldest clans in Zharr-Naggrund, Bluebeards’ clan always had strong ties with the Temple of Hashut.
Quite often armies of the Bluebeards’ clan are accompanied by a detachment of the Temple guard: the famous Bull Centaurs.

I’ve had a bunch of them since the beginning of my adventure into Chaos Dwarfs but missing a couple of them. Now I have all of them, so time to give them a refresh and form a new unit.

14 Likes

I love your colour scheme and I especially love your banners. I want to come to such a brilliant art. Is not a long way

2 Likes

When I felt in love with the Chaos Dwarfs one of the very first units that attracted my attention were…sneaky gits!

Those bad boys with two curved blades…how much I liked them. Yes, the fluff made them even more interesting: I love hobbos because…they are scum of the scum. Vile, traitors and cowards even for greenskin standards… and sneaky gits are the worst of the worst.

I never had the chance to get my (dirty) hands on them, too penniless at time of university when they were cheap, too expensive later on.

It’s also important to notice I really started to play Warhammer between 5th and 6th edition and gamewise they were almost worthless. It was way better to field cheap 2 points “naked” hobbos in masses than invest points on sneaky gits.

I got only a couple of minis from an exchange just because I like the miniatures, but everything changed about 1 year ago when I was paid for a conversion job with…10 sneaky gits!

Thanks to a full command I had in storage and my old 2 sneaky gits I am now able to field a decenti sized 15 hobbos strong unit.
All metal! Yes :love_you_gesture:

When I see them ranked I understand why I loved them so much at first glance. They sculpted only 3 poses but it’s more than enough to create a variegate and unique unit. Just varying the angles of deployment and mixing them and you do not need multipose and crazy multiparts kits like today…

12 Likes

I’ve had my scratchbuilt magma cannon left unpainted for weeks, if not months. I know I wanted to paint it but for some reason I restrained. Why?

Now I realized, it was missing something important:
a greasy, smoke churning, funnel!

NOW, it’s complete and ready for the paint job.

17 Likes

I just ordered evergreen 0.75mm thick sheets to make some projects as yet unclear to me. I really was unsure what thickness i needed? Your stuff is next level. Ill start with a box and work from there.

The divine council of hashut are eagerly but impatiently awaiting the completion of this latest invention (painted).

2 Likes

Stellar work @Bassman! Some hand railings such that the safety officer is happy as well and it would be perfect!

0.75 mm sounds like a good base thickness. I use 1 mm for most of my scratch building, very sturdy and versatile. Technically, you can glue layers ontop of each other to create thicker sheets although if you need a lot this is not particularly economical. This is especially useful if you want to reinforce a curved structure where you need to start with ~0.25 mm. That being said, styrene sheets are widely used outside of scale modelling (architects use them for mock-ups apparently and I can even buy them in my local hardware store) – if you look around, you may find sheets for a lot cheaper than those from Evergreen (still a great resource for thinner sheets, tubes, rods and profiles, etc).

3 Likes

Thank you all, now the beast is primed and ready to receive my brushes.

About railings, @Anzu , you know we love to live dangerously, like these guys with their Iron Daemon :laughing:

About plasticard I dunno where are you located guys, but if you are in EU, this is a good site:

I have many sheets of different size, from 2mm that I use as base of strong support, to minimal 0,25mm that I use for banners and tiny details.

11 Likes

Time to post the painted sneaky gits!

Not entirely happy with the freehand on banner but playable, I’ll retouch it sooner or (probably) later…

18 Likes

These look fantastic. The purple really pops. The whole army is great, very inspiring stuff :metal: :metal: :metal:

4 Likes

New additions to my ever changing Black Orcs regiment. Actually I used to have a orc boss boar rider from the 6th edition starter set I used as a filler for my unit.

Recently I started to use him as a general for my orcs and goblin army so I need to fill up the gap in the unit. Hence I created a couple of new guys from some left over minis.

Here is Morkz, the new banner boy of the unit, clad with chainmail!

and painted, ready for a “peaceful” discussion with anybody wanting to reclaim the unit banner from him:

12 Likes

and here is “BigChoppa” Slaztek or “slash” for friends, new unit boss.
Entirely made from an old monopose archer. Well, not much of the original mini has been left :grin:

16 Likes

Really great conversions and painting of pretty ordinary plastics. Great job!

1 Like