Bluebeard's Clan Chaos Dwarfs showcase

It’s great to see your veteran warriors be given a deserved polish like this. :hatoff:

3 Likes

As one of the oldest clan in Zharr-Naggrund, the Bluebeards’ clan has been heavily affected by the stone-curse and years and years of feuds and battles. So it’s notorius to have limited ranks. That’s why they rely heavily on warmachines, slaves and mercenary troops (like Black Orcs).

Orcs are among their favorite slaves. Stupid and strong enough to work hard in the mines and happy to receive a role in battle as a “reward”.
Not to say they are sent to the frontline as cannon fodder and rarely come back home…

Here is my block of orcs from an old 6th edition starter set. One of my very first heavy converted regiments, more than 12 years ago. After many years of battles they were in dire need of a refresh. Base and movement tray got chipped, color faded away, dirt…yes, they relly needed some new colors!

Here they are:

17 Likes

These came out beautifully! I especially like how the standard came out.

1 Like

They look great. I really like the shading on their arms/skin.

1 Like

@Jackswift it’s because of the beheaded dwarf, isn’t it? :wink:

@Zoddtheimmortal thanks. That was one of the main reasons why I decided to refresh the paint job. Add more depth to the skin.

2 Likes

My Artesan Context XXXIV entry!

Bluebeards’ entirely scratch build lava cannon.
Thanks to everybody that voted for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Another amazing scratch build. Your mastery with plasticard is impressive!

The front bit reminds me of an old glory tank, that i suddenly want again now…

3 Likes

@Zoddtheimmortal THAT was exactly what inspired me. When I saw it the very first time I fell in love. I wanted…no I NEEDED to make a Chaos Dwarf version.
and here it is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

It’s always nice when some lead reach my postbox…including some old plastic :heart_eyes:
BTW my very first Bretonnia miniature ever!

With these two little dirty Dwarfs I’ve almost completed my collection of classic 5th Edition Big Hats. I am still missing 4-5 miniatures from the range but I’ve almost all of them.

9 Likes

Nice!

Which ones are missing?

@denelian5 I am talking about dwarfs, not hobgoblins. I am still missing the sorcerer on foot, the hero with raised axe, Astragoth and one of the metal warriors.

1 Like

Yeah, the hero with raised axe is on my want list as well. Hope you find yours in time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new guys are already on the painting desk…with few friends from @Fabelzel :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

We cannot never praise nough @Fabelzel for his amazing miniatures of Chaos Dwarfs! They perfectly fit in with the classic range. I mixed and matched them with plastic and metal big hats and they are great! :cd1991:

And thanks also to @Loidrial for the print job :love_you_gesture:

More pics are coming…including Blunderbusses :bomb: :boom: :boom:

20 Likes

Looks ace!! Your paint job and his sculpts!

1 Like

Looking really great. Love the scheme. Nice throwback to 4th ed colors, but an updated take on them.

1 Like

Thanks guys.

@Jackswift I updated a little bit my old classic color scheme. I am very happy with the result. Yes, as you said it’s an attempt to mix old classic colorful 4th edition color scheme with a more modern style.
Actually in real life colors are a little bit tuned down, not so bright.

1 Like

Wow, a really great painting.
The new Chaosdwarf blend in really well.

I like your colour scheme and envy your NMM skills.

1 Like

@Bessron thanks, too kind :smiley:
actually my NMM skils are not special, something basic and fast to paint because years ago I had the crazy idea to paint my entire Chaos Dwarf army with NMM techniques.

Actually I am very happy with gold and copper. Iron and steel…so and so :annoyed:

1 Like

Finally I had time to take some pictures of my latest creations.

Here is a preview, an hommage to the amazing @Fabelzel 's Chaos Dwarfs. I loved painting them so much! :heart_eyes:

More to come very soon…

20 Likes