Bluebeard's Clan Chaos Dwarfs showcase

Great job @Bassman loved this entry

The idea he thinks he’s a hobbo made chuckle at a Richard Prior in Hear no Evil see no Evil type moment when he released he’s black joke :grin:

2 Likes

Time to tell the story of the[ogre in my hobgoblin unit.

Grizzit’s tribe is famous even among greenskins for its cowardice and to be lackey of the Bluebeards’ clan.

When their [ChaosDwarf masters stormed a region of the Mountain of Mourns controlled by an ogor tribe Grizzit’s boys were among…the rearest of the rearest ranks of the storm force. When they complained about the distibution of the slaves their masters decided to trick them and gave them a newborn ogre.

Here came the twisted mind of Grizzit. He decided to grow him and then use him for the vilest tasking of the tribe. Curiously in the simple mind of the ogre grown the idea he was…an hobgoblin!

When he grow up Grizzit’s tribe started to appreciate his strenght in battle and decided to keep him.

He seems to be happy to believe himself as an hobgoblin, after all his greenskin companions do not dare to harass him anymore like they used to be. They just give him funy tasks like smashing other hobbos heads or crush those annoying humies. So, what’s wrong with this life?

10 Likes

Back to the forum after a while, it’s time to post the painted unit!

15 Likes

More pics:

17 Likes

Wow great looking unit! Love the choice of colours and the ogre is awesome! :hatoff:

2 Likes

What a gentle giant

2 Likes

@LaketideMiniatures he is very happy to be a member of the coolest race in Warhammer world: Hobbos! :hob02:

2 Likes

So so cool, I love universal the Ogres are :grin: always great seeing a new take on them and this is one of the best

2 Likes

Have been a while since I posted last time! :shock:

Not much to add to my Evil Dwarfs but they are alive and fighting. I am actually updating a couple of units, they’ll be posted soon.

I just want to show you some Dark Lands scenery, nothing fancy but useful on the battlefield!

Hill with deatachable ruin.

17 Likes

I really like the idea of being able to add the ruin as/when needed. What did you use to make the hill and ruin? I am always interested in what people use for making terrain.

2 Likes

styrofoam. The thing used to insulate walls. You can buy an enormous panel for very cheap.

2 Likes

Yeah I have a bit of that stuff floating around, was hoping it didn’t involve me have to cut out lots of little bricks all on my own.

1 Like

Depends. Something you have to, in order to get exactly that texture you are looking for. Sometims you can use a sharp tool, like an exacto knife or even a pointed stick to carve the siloutte of stones out of a solid block. It’s not necessary to carve little tiny bricks everytime.

2 Likes

Some of you could have seen them on Istagram or on Facebook but here we are with the “new” regiment of warriors for my army upgraded with reinforcements thanks to @Loidrial
I also took the chance to refresh paintjob. Nothing fancy but some more highlights and colors more vibrant. After so many years of fighting they were also in dire need of fixing some chipping and broken parts.
Ah, I almost forgot, they needed a banner. For many years they fought simply following a…pole :sweat_smile: now they have a proper banner :cd1991gif:

21 Likes

Glorious work as always! A joy to behold.

1 Like

It’s a pleasure! Anytime! :cd1990gif:

1 Like

They look great. Beautiful work on the banner as well!

1 Like

Thank you everybody. Second regiment unwent rehab. Again, nothing fancy, just adding a couple of "new"minis, fixing chipping and broken parts plus a refresh of paintjob.

Here it is the second warriors regiment:

18 Likes

More pics of the Second regiment of warriors. Better pic of the freehand banner. This time it’s the old one from more than 15 years ago :smiley:
Just refreshed highlights…nothing fancy to see :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Very nice! Subtle yet very effective details here, the orange-yellow blends, the shields, the blue beards, the banner (!), well done.

2 Likes