Brawniac's 3D sculpted big hats

Not a fan of the hat, but that’s just personal preference. Think he could also do with more beard coils. :wink:

1 Like

See I really like the hat. It’s reminiscent of @Loidrial ’s “hat stacks”

1 Like

That is an incredible technical achievement. You’re extremely talented and I feel lucky that you’ve turned those talents to the legacy of the bighats!

4 Likes

Lemme echo what a lot of people have said… i really like the old catalog renders :smiley: nostalgia is a heavy hitter isn’t it :smiley:

I like the hat. I dont really have big hats, and initially i didn’t like them since my first chorf ever was the hellcannon crew, but being om CDO for almost a year has allowed me to see so many great versions of them that i have grown to love them. At some point in the future (maybe when the old world finally drops AND if it has Chorf support) i will do a proper bighat army!

Anyway… I like his hat, especially the pumpkin with horns bit. It’s over the top as bighats should be :slight_smile:
I like the flail, The Lizardmen skull ties in with my main army and the handle looks equally cool and terrifying.
I really like the throne he’s on, it ooks great!
The beard is very cool. I think having a few smaller braids next to the large one would work well too, but either way would be nice.

Finally, those are some bushy eyebrows, perfect!

I really hope you make these available to us somehow!

4 Likes

Glad I read through comments before leaving this exact statement! Obviously, as a follower of our resident Emoticon Dio @Loidrial , I’m a huge stacking towerhat fan. Every bit in my bit box is just a hat I haven’t imagined yet.

Also I like the idea of the throne, would have many more uses than just riding a monster. Keep up the great work!

:hat3: .
:tower6: .
:tower6: .
:head1: .

4 Likes

Both are valid and valued viewpoints.

1 Like

Too kind! I find sculpting these very relaxing. It’s like these shapes are burned into my spinal fluid, so sculpting hardly requires conscious thought. Now, a supertanker gearbox, that really takes concentration…

5 Likes

A bighat army is the loftiest goal, to my mind. Yes, they are humorous and silly, but darnit, they’re my jam! I will get these out there somehow or other. But there’s little point doing so until I know they can be printed properly.

2 Likes

Of you need test printers… feel free to ask

2 Likes

Hell yes! Stack them! From pile of shame of pile of hats!! Man it looks so great!

3 Likes

This board works best when we encourage each other in our creative endeavours. This is one of the best ones we’ve seen in a long time!

2 Likes

Is there a hotline for people who can’t stop sculpting bull centaur heads? Asking for a friend…

18 Likes

Could not agree more, and thanks.

I mean this would work as a straight up headswap kit for converting dwarfs as well man!

9 Likes

:point_up_2:t2: This

Again amazing work my friend

1 Like

There is.

It’s a recorded message telling you you’re doing Hashut’s work and that He is mightily pleased.

5 Likes

Family back. Hobby time go “poof”.

This is as far as I got. The bull bodies are just placeholders, and lots more work remains on poses etc. Once I am done, I will slice in chitubox and see where the problem areas are, and if I can fix it more easily by changing the sculpt or adding a million supports.

18 Likes

I like them

1 Like

Send them back on vacation! We need this! We want this!

4 Likes

Time to open a crowdfunder? “Pay for luxury holiday for @Brawniac 's family for the greater glory of bull centaurs”? :tongue:

Stellar work! Next level in many regards.

Hanging chains and open skull jaws are good examples of things that would be incredibly hard to handsculpt. 3D-sculpting have a lot of good uses beyond what is possible to achieve by hand.

Cheers

8 Likes