CDO Perpetual Campaign: The Royal Game of Zharr

What’s TTS, now? I’m intrigued because I’m in a similar situation.

Tabletop Simulator. One of the pandemic winners :wink:

2 Likes

Radical! I can’t believe I never heard of this before. I’m honestly very tempted now…let me take this idea home so it can percolate for a bit. Probably until this evening.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Make it clear who has won’t what. It’s all very narrative so the “major “ or “minor” victory is just so you can give me a feel for what kind of a loss or win it was. Let’s say someone keeps sending ogres off to fight for them, there could be some suggestions by Astrogoth that some generals cannot fight and send their lackeys in their stead. This could lead to some fun narrative tension.

1 Like

Nice one @Ihsan997 ! It’s very very loosely based on the way that the war for Armageddon was run in the late nineties (early 2000s?) . Users sent in results and parts of the planet changed hands. That was worldwide and massive. This is a micro version of that with less rules and technicalities and more narrative.

I want to really explore narratively the brutality of our faction as well. I can imagine the rewards heaped upon victors and the shame and punishment heaped upon regular losers would be extreme haha

3 Likes

Exactly! We are not Skaven after all, this “the clever general isn’t even on the dangerous battlefield” wouldn’t fly for too long.

2 Likes

Yes and it wouldn’t be to put off a player from using slave armies. It would just be a fun narrative angle

1 Like

You never know unless you try, Eddy. I haven’t either, but it’s got to be possible

1 Like

What an amazing idea @Oxymandias ! Count me in with big brass bells on. Lord Shardlake relishes the prospect of a public flogging!

1 Like

Hmm. Unless he’s going to be the Grey Lord then I’d better slap some paint on him.

2 Likes

Same here, better finish up my color tests and get him going!

1 Like

I love the idea and would happily participate, though as with alot of other stuff I do not have the time atm… :confused:

2 Likes

No stress @tjub

There’s no commitment. So consider it. Even if someone played a few times a year they could be involved. I’m looking to kick off in September.

So far we have had @Antenor and me (obviously haha) send in our warlords information.

Map icons for our factions have been created:

@Antenor ’s Arzubal the ambitious:

And my Fah-Ruhk Bullzharra:

Anyone else interested send me the deets of your warlord and a pic of them before September and I’ll get yours organised :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha, love the icon! Captured the feel of the model really well :smile:

Welcome @Ihsan997 ’s warlord: Darbakh Smokestack !

Plenty more room for campaigners. Just send me a pic of your warlord and a bit about them. Campaign begins in September :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Hmmm it’s refusing to upload as a PNG :thinking:

Oh well you get the idea

Also: new FAQ question:

Are blood bowl teams allowed?
Absolutely!

I can imagine Astrogoth both rewarding and punishing a sports team who performs well for the honour of his city!

2 Likes

Holy moly, this is a literal and figurative game changer…fellas! Get in this thread and give it some serious thought! This is looking to be a real slobberknocker of a campaign.

1 Like

Mut-Ashkur and his brother, Ishme The Mad representing @flagellant04 enter the royal game!

6 Likes

Lmaooo I love it

1 Like

Ok… i did something weird but i fixed it again @Oxymandias

Was this also in a sub category?

Anyway… my generals resume has been sent to your offices and should be arriving soon!

1 Like