• A) dwarfish
  • B) Boxy
  • C) torpedo boat

0 voters

1 Like

Dwarfish all the way!

1 Like

So the final results of the poll:

Dwarfish is a winner with close second place for the torpedo boat.

Thanks to everybody that voted. Actually it was for fun as the client already chose. Well, it was pretty close to the result here, he wanted a steam punk stylish torpedo boat. So here first pics… with rotating turret, of course!

8 Likes

Late in seeing this, but “Dwarvish” is a swear word.

4 Likes

More details added to the gondola. I had a set of Arkanaut frigade and started cannibalize. :wink:
Command bridge is starting to take shape but…zillion of more details and gubbinz need to the added! :cd1991gif:

12 Likes

Looks great so far! Im always impressed by people building with plastic card, found that pretty hard to get right… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

At the beginning it’s not easy. Like when you start working with green stuff you need practice. At the end you’ll finish with the house stuffed with zillion of plasticard foils of different thickness and textures :grin:

4 Likes

The bow and the stern of the gondola are slowly taking shape.

16 Likes

It’s got a really nice Captain Nemo Nautilus vibe :+1:

2 Likes

@Fuggit_Khan client asked me a Victorian Age steam punk theme. So I suppose I am on the right path :cd1991gif:

More updates:

13 Likes

Detailing never ends.

18 Likes

Time to unveil the ballon!

13 Likes

great work, love that you put a 5th edition plastic warrior in the picture for reference :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The balloon is coming along nicely, I admire your efforts to make a cylindrical creation using flat plastic sheet, I would’ve wimped out and used a large Coca Cola bottle.
But the daemonsmith in you clearly yearns for perfection and “built from the ground”

5 Likes

Sjoerdo

great work, love that you put a 5th edition plastic warrior in the picture for reference :slight_smile:

Yep! After so many years they still rock!

Fuggit_Khan

The balloon is coming along nicely, I admire your efforts to make a cylindrical creation using flat plastic sheet, I would’ve wimped out and used a large Coca Cola bottle.
But the daemonsmith in you clearly yearns for perfection and “built from the ground”

I know the baloon is not perfect. I am looking to improve it very soon :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’ve neglected this thread for too long. Time for an update!

Detailing the gondola. This part is always great fun and crucial to get the final result with scratchbuilt projects. As a matter of fact definig the shape and proportions is a matter of being precise but this phase is the moment it starts to look like a REAL model. You cannot mess up here!

16 Likes

This is the best part of kitbashing and scratch building, isn’t it?
When everything starts to come together, all the feverish daemonsmith plans come together and the model takes shape from our creativity and imaginations.
This is the true definition of model making (sorry to all the 3D printers out there)…

5 Likes

Even though I like to use printed miniatures, I admire what you have done here. Brilliant idea and craftsmanship and that makes such a brilliant work of art.

1 Like

I am a little envious of your talent for building large models - your work is always brilliant! :metal:

1 Like

Amazing work on the Airship! Wonderful details and beautifully rendered in plastic. Awesome to see how it is coming together!

1 Like