Welcome to the Chaos Dwarfs Online Forum! Please read the rules below. Remember that these rules apply to the chaos dwarfs online forum, discord server and Facebook group.
Meet the Staff
Our Sorcerer Prophet: @Xander
The Staff can be found here
- If there are any important questions regarding your account, please direct it towards a staff member.
- Site suggestions should be made here: Site Feedback - Chaos Dwarfs Online
- Any questions about forum rules should be directed towards one of the Staff.
- Be polite to others. Flaming, trolling, rudeness, profusely swearing, SHOUTING and causing nuisance or offense is not tolerated. Obscenity, derogatory terms and racial/sexist/homophobic or any kind of discrimination or abuse will also not be tolerated. This applies to people’s profile pictures and screen names too.
- Spam of any kind is not tolerated. If it’s your first post and its spam we will assume you are a spam bot and your account will be locked/ deleted. If you feel hard done by just re-register and make your first few posts things that could not be taken as spam.
- Advertising or trading of any miniatures is only allowed in The Market Place section of the forum or posted in the Facebook page and discord server. Advertising for anything other than wargaming miniatures or wargame hobby related products will result in the threads being locked.
- Single Ebay links are allowed (it’s up to the individual whether they choose to buy anything), but not relentless advertising of Ebay shops.
- We are a multi national forum with various languages and dialects between us. However when posting, please write in English. It’s the common language of the forum.
- Advertising the copying or mould making of original models (for the purposes of mass production) or written/printed material would be in breach of somebody’s Intellectual Property Rights and/ or Copyrights and so is not advised. Any such threads may be locked or deleted.
- Linking, sharing or openly discussing recaster shops is not permitted.
- If you see a post you wish to report for offensive or inappropriate content, use the Flag button or contact a staff member.
- As they inevitably get heated and are inappropriate for a game forum, we’ve decided that threads/ commentary about politics and religion are not allowed on CDO and will be locked by the Staff
- Banned members will not be allowed to create multiple or duplicate accounts (e.g. Oxymandias2, or using a completely new name). We will know.
This is a very important point, because anyone who creates a multiple account during a temporary ban period will be permanently banned.
- Profile pictures may not contain offensive words or images. (Pictures of elves are not considered offensive on the forum but are highly offensive to all true Dawi. This isn’t a rule we will ever enforce as no self respecting chaos dwarf fan will ever cross this line.)
The CDO Forum is a place where people can relax and chat about all things Chaos Dwarf. There are several things members can to do try and keep the forum running smoothly.
- Resist the urge to flame! If you feel a topic has escalated to the point of continuing arguments to no happy end then don’t keep arguing! Try and get the thread back on topic or ignore it. Persistent arguing to no useful end will probably result in the thread being locked anyway.
- Please write in fully punctuated English as much as possible. It makes everything easier to understand.
- Avoid making the vast majority of your posts one-liners, especially the sort that add very little constructively.
Using your Account:
You can access your account by clicking your profile picture in the top right corner and selecting preferences. Here you can update your details, picture and screen name.
The Marketplace disclaimer:
Please be advised that Chaos Dwarfs Online will not accept any responsibility for any kind of losses or grievances associated with transaction(s) connected to this forum.
All transactions are conducted at the sole risk of the participants in the transaction.
The staff do have a warning system for persistent rule breaking on this forum that may eventually lead to banning. This is rarely if ever used as our community is generally courteous, conscientious and follow the website rules.
Members with a warning outstanding are not eligible for any of the CDO Community Awards.
Changes to the Rules:
The rules of the site are subject to change without notification. Please try to make sure you are familiar with the current rules of the site.
Casting, Mould Making and 3D scanning at CDO:
Seeing as how many of us here on CDO are interested in creating or recreating our own sculpts via casting and scanning, We should re-clarify our stance.
Because of legal issues we cannot endorse or advertise the sale of models that either include cast parts, or are whole copies of copyrighted materials. This applies not only to GW models, but to all mini producers.
Any such threads that advertise the sale of, or requests of such models will be locked very quickly. If discussion arises within any thread on the sale of cast models (that infringe copyright/ IP) the posts may be edited and/ or have the threads locked. Persistent offenders will be warned.
What is acceptable:
- Asking for information on, or links to casts or scans of original models. This means models that have been produced without the casting or scanning of any copyright materials. Also includes asking for models sold with the right of production.
- Asking how you would go about making moulds/casting/ scan a model or part generally, as long as they are not with the specific intention of recasting copyright models for sale.
What is not acceptable:
- Selling or advertising the sale of scans, models or moulds that are casts of anything YOU don’t own the Copyrights/ Intellectual Property rights to. This includes posting links to places that sell such models if they are not your own.
- Although not nearly as strict as the one above, it would not be advisable to show how you recast your entire army (from models you don’t own the Copyrights/ Intellectual Property rights to), even if they’re not for sale. So if you plan to do such things, you shouldn’t really make a massive deal of it on the forums.
I hope you all understand that by stating this the Staff are not trying to be unduly mean, we are simply trying to protect ourselves from any unnecessary troubles in the future, especially as GW staff may browse here from time to time.
How To Use The Flagging Function:
Flagging is an in-built moderation measure in Discourse, intended to dissuade bad behavior and spam, as well as to promote civilised discourse. If you want to raise an issue about a post without derailing the topic at hand, the best course of action is usually to flag it.
Marking a post as Off-Topic, Inappropriate or Spam will trigger a moderator notification so moderators may review the issue in their flag queue.
Flags may be used for:
- Any threads or posts you believe are encouraging unnecessary arguing that is getting out of hand, or against a friendly community spirit.
- A clear breach of any of the forum rules.
This gives us as Mods a heads up on threads to keep an eye on, a way to keep track of the number of people concerned about something and if there are any common problems. With the massive number of posts each month, and CDO rapidly expanding this would be a big help to the staff.
What should I not use this function for?
- Posts that are only mildly insulting or controversial. We have to be realistic about this, these things just happen on a forum, and to thought police our members to a ridiculous extent would help nobody. If people take great offence, or are posting in a way that is actually breaching a forum rule (like trolling or flaming), then obviously this is worth reporting. So please decide whether something actually requires staff involvement before reporting.
- Posts or threads that are going off topic. Asking a thread to be made on topic is not something we as Staff should have to do. We may feel we should, but people are equally capable of doing this themselves. If it is spamming or in the wrong section then flag it.
- Reporting members for inappropriate use of the pm system. Contact a Staff member directly.
- Contacting staff generally, not really related to any particular post. Contact a Staff member directly.
What will the Staff do?
Whoever spots the flagged post will have to use their discretion about how best to deal with it. Sometimes this may mean they just reply appropriately in the thread. It may mean simply moving or locking a thread. If the situation requires it they may contact the reporter, or whoever posted the thing being reported.
So put simply, we will look at the posts you point us to, but we will always do what we believe is the most appropriate response, even if the reporter wouldn’t agree.
We have rules on this website to keep ourselves happy, thriving and safe. Warnings and bannings are used astronomically rarely on the CDO forum because we generally self police and are genuinely nice and decent to one another.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the rules, please contact a staff member.
Thanks for your cooperation,