Conversion potential for new Hobgrot Slittaz

I know where its from…conan
https://images.app.goo.gl/3K16fwj7zqV9WzYMA

Most watched film for me when drunk haha

The straps are good, maybe an emblem on the headware. Sod doing all that for 40 odd hobbos though!! Unit champions maybe

2 Likes

I have started assembling a pirate hobbo, the fellow with the pegleg makes easy company for the hook and eyepatch bits, might do well to get some river trolls into his crew, plunder and grog ahoy!

4 Likes

Probably my fav film of all time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did the same thing, too good an opportunity to miss.

2 Likes

To me, this really works.
If you take someone with proper sculpting skills will be a quick work to make those 90s updated versions!
:hat3: I wish I could do that xD
:cry3: .

2 Likes

I think the sculpting would be on the easier side of things. Cloth like that ain’t mega hard. Just my hand is so messed up atm I can’t even mix green stuff haha. The asscannon I made was mostly clay for this reason haha

I hath been summoned!
:hat4: .
:head3: .

6 Likes

I keep seeing sea creature themed stuff and always think of you. Like the hermit crab goblin by four a miniatures or the crustacean monster on alternative armies.

Hope you have a few pistols for your hobbo pirates
in your bitz box!

Treasure island themed hobbos would be cool, not that useful in games though, unless they crewed a land ship of some sort (pump wagon style or a dwarf juggernaught with a mast etc)

If you do some like that id say youve won already haha…

2 Likes

I mean, i took the freedom of using oxy idea and quick edit.
Guys, they are not half bad at all.
I would be fucking terrified of face those evil psycho.

Pls guys, i need to buy the skill to convert/sculpt stuff!!

13 Likes

@Loidrial that looks amazing! May be beyond my ability to sculpt tho. That scale armour is finicky

@Admiral @Fuggit_Khan any pro tips?

3 Likes

Now that right there is exactly how a hobgoblin looks in my mind. Fantastic.

3 Likes

That looks very good! I didn’t see much potential for an old-school hobgoblin feeling in these guys, but your edit opened up some very intriguing perspectives. The only thing that would still bother me now is the upright posture and lack of anti-stab hump. But looking at the models, that should be not too difficult to fix for most of them. Tempting stuff. :lol3:

1 Like

The weirdest thing with the models is they only have 4 toes per foot but 5 fingers…i prefer feet and hands to samw number of digits.
They have long necks too, yes no humps to stab each other in any more.

3 Likes

Wait hobgrot is evolving…
:hob2020:

It’s becoming….

Hobgoblin!
:head3:

5 Likes

Thanks for asking! I’ve taken a note to do new scale armour tutorials as soon as possible, but in the meantime there are some here, including my earliest ones drawn in MS Paint. (This whole forum section has long been near ready to be transferred wholesale to Discourse, I just stumbled across something missing with @Xander 's glorious tutorials that made me halt and wait for reply, if I remember correctly.)

And I’ve seen other scale armour tutorials around the web. But the trick for rectangular and rounded scales is to divide up the putty into horizontal rows, and angle into the top of them to create an impression of overlapping scales, as with roof tiles. Then score out the individual ones (usually in alternating rows), and press into the center of them to make them flat and not bulbuous.

There will also be hexagonal scale and ridged scale tutorials. Hope to find the time soon.

Sculpting scale is a bit fiddly and time-consuming, but the method is easy. Doing some with scale armour and others in tunic may speed up converting whole units.

And adding humps is easy when you’re going to cover them with armour or cloth anyhow: Just smear on a lump of putty and let dry.

5 Likes

Yeah maybe champs musicians and standards deserve the armour. Thanks @Admiral I’m off work soon and will check this resource :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I mean that just looks awesome right there!

2 Likes

So I had a go at green stuffing some scale mail onto one of my heroes. I am not a good sculptor and I have no proper tools, but I’m not too displeased with the result. Definitely learned a few lessons for next time.

18 Likes

This is awesome!

1 Like

Great job! He looks like a big boss now. I cant help feeling you should be keeping this for the golden hat though :hob2:

Did it take you long to do?

2 Likes