Conversion potential for new Hobgrot Slittaz

It is an oddly versatile kit, I’ve put together 10 warriors, 10 sneaky gits and a hero. I’ve got loads of bits left over, so I need to see what I can cobble together. Even if it’s just a mound of corpses or some torture victims.
I reckon there are enough that are posed with a wide legged stance that you could make wolf riders without too much work.

5 Likes

Hmmmmm I’m getting dangerously close to buying some. I’m skint atm. But next month hmmm

Good news is they are shit in AoS from what I hear. Means they should be cheap cos most gamers won’t want them

3 Likes

Great! Perfect for us then. I hope gw do more hobbo stuff, have a feeling they probably wont though.

Excited to see what else they do us chaos generals can utilise.

Buy yourself 10 while they are this cheap oxymandius, i reckon you will love them

2 Likes

You’re right there. I’d better pick some up before they get FAQ’d into usability.

3 Likes

This is it isn’t it haha.

I’m living in overdraft this month after my car decided to have a wobble. Hopefully they are still rubbish by pay day :joy:

1 Like

Always happens just as the money tree runs out of foliage mate.

Can’t imagine they’ll be rewriting any rules just yet, you’ll be OK.

2 Likes

Hoy guys, how about the hobbo heads? Do you get more of those? I don’t like the bald one, they look like testicles to me.
Are there enough helmets? :hob2020:
Bald heads will be great for you all with converting skills for sure

1 Like

Yes you get loads of surplus heads -helmets and bald.
Not all heads fit on all bodies as they use pegs to fit in, they can be cut off. I plan on using spare heads and bodies elsewhere… great value kit.

Iprefer the helmets too, each hobbo has the option of 2 heads mostly. Ill start experimenting more once ive built my 1st 20

3 Likes

Yes, 20 vanilla sounds like a well thought choice.
I guess the sprues are 10x sprue then repeat? Or there are 20 different bodies and all?
My eBay purchase is still on its way home
:hat1: .
:cry3: .

1 Like

The extra heads is of particular interst…I’m getting 40 next week. If that allows me to convert more from other things even better !

1 Like

From making 10 i have 11 spare heads and 5 3/4 bodies missing a leg and front armour. You do have a spare front armour too. The left overs you could make 2 extra and the heads could go on orc or goblin bodies or some greenstuffed creation…

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Especially if some have green stuff cloaks etc. It could hide a lot of non sculpted detail!!

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a crazy amount of bits on those sprues. Green stuff is definitely our friend here.

2 Likes

@Zoddtheimmortal @Loidrial @Freakshow668 @Habitual_Lurker

I made this a splinter thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also… discuss ^

8 Likes

Keeping the armour outside on the clothes certainly works. It goes for a new aesthetic. Nice one.

2 Likes

Makes me think church-y. Or like redemptionists in necromunda.
I take it your deformed goblins will now be relegated to goblins. They certainly fit the part of downtrodden goblin slaves.

I got the stab grot yesterday. He is tall, too tall for a goblin unless he is a very lean peter crouch kind of goblin. Or maybe a hobbo youth.

I always think of hobbos as a breed made by mixing men and gobbos (prob lord of rings- prancing pony etc). Dont know what you all think about that…

Back in tha day i nearly collected a gw hobbo army i

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the same

Yes! This! Half orcs / Uruk Hai vibes

Maybe adding some straps or belts of something so armour isn’t just floating?

4 Likes