Denelian5 - Chaos Dwarfs in the 9th age

This thing is so cool.

6 Likes

Like, really brilliant work and wonderful ideas.

When I read eBay in the last sentence, I was already hoping to scam a piece of art like that…

I like the thing

2 Likes

Great conversion, great inspiration for me to attempt a (much simpler) conversion using this tank kit. Mine is still on sprue.

You really must paint asap though!

4 Likes

Wonderful K’daii conversions! Lovely touch with the flames. Would you pretty please copy over your scalemail tutorial to the Sculpting Tutorial section?

Seeing the servohauler get such a beautiful Hellcannon style conversion somehow brought a tear of joy to my eye. The Hellcannon and its crew are one of my top favourites, and I’ve always wanted to see many more machines in their style (got some WIP details on FW warmachines here, but nothing of this magnitude).

Your conversion is flawless and exquisitely crafted. I particularly like the spiked tracks. Usually I find that tracked tractors don’t fit well in fantasy, but yours have such a rugged look to it that it convinced me on first sight.

The beaten metal look and faces of captive souls is wonderfully true to the Hellcannon design.

Hat off to you, sir. Toppenbygge! :hatoff:

5 Likes

So awesome…the creativity and thought process put into this is further proof that kitbashed conversions are always better than the run of the mill kit off a shelf.
Cheers to you, well done!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! It means a lot. ^^

At first I wasn’t planning to use the tracks as I’m slightly of the same mind… I was just going to use the Hellcannon wheels. I think what convinced me was when I realized that the inner diameter of the large Hellcannon wheels was practically the same as on the tracks… and could therefore be fused together.

The tracks really needed spikes though… that’s such a big part of the grim Hellcannon look I think.

Is this ok for the tutorial section:

Sculpting Scalemail - denelian5 style

Än en gång, tack! Det värmer i hjärtat (på ett skönt infernaliskt vis förstås). :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks mate!
It’s good to see the thought process come to life and that the real version matches the idea pretty closely. ^^

4 Likes

Holy fuckery fuck!
This will go straight published in our IG profile!!! Man you are on a roll!!

5 Likes

I’d presumed that I had clicked onto the Artisans thread and thought WTF. Why is he showing WiP pics, the contest isn’t finished yet.

Once I realized and I was over my distress, I enjoyed your build.

4 Likes

Steam punk heaven! Love the iron daemon.

4 Likes

Infernal Engine is so amazing as well as the scale armor tutorial. Very similar to my technique. Love it!

2 Likes

Thanks man! I really like how it came together in the end. :slight_smile:
I think you have more patience than me though… your armour always look cleaner. ^^

3 Likes

I think the big difference is that I never started mass production. I had enough classic minis for an army I had to sculpt only the characters. Hence more time to work on tiny details. Taht’s it. But thanks :grin:

2 Likes

So this here is my GH entry, Drazoath the Ashen on Cinderbreath:

I don’t know how I managed to finish in time to enter him in the competition… well I do know, because he’s not quite finished and I painted instead of sleeping. :taurus1: :smile:

Got highlights and details left as well as basing to do but I’m really pleased with how he turned out.

I’ve made some slight converting, such as changing the original horns (which I don’t like in the slightest) for Ogroid Thaumaturge ones. I also added some classic, dual banner poles to his throne to make him fit more seamlessly with the rest of my big hat army.

Hope you liked him!

14 Likes

Your contribution is great, the horns and the hooves particularly caught my eye. Now that you say that you have rebuilt the horns, it has become clear to me.

The banner pole is also a real improvement.

3 Likes

A great looking force, and some good inspiration to errrrrmmm “borrow” in it!

2 Likes

Nice work, especially the lava cracks in Cinderbreath’s hide!

2 Likes

Thanks! I saw someone who did that and thought I’d give it a try. ^^ It will help differentiate Cinderbreath from other bulls in the army. I still want to push them a bit hotter and see if I can work in some lightning effects.

1 Like

Beautiful. I never noticed the horns before but yours are a definite improvement. As for the lava cracks… just lovely

2 Likes

Really enjoyed your scheme on this one! And going back a bit, I have to say that rocket battery is one of the best conversions of that type that I have seen. Well done!

1 Like