Drexxl's Evil Dwarves

Hello there, long time lurker here! My name is Filip, but my cool digital name is Drexxl. I am an avid collector of the old Alan Perry big hats, but a VERY slow painter. Thusly I have seldom had enough figures to warrant a post. But now I feel it is time, since I also wish to interact with you all.

So here goes, not all of them are based, and all of the soldiers are speedpainted. (The classic excuse)

17 Likes

For some reason, I can not upload new images. “New users cannot upload attachments.”, so yeah. No more images for now

3 Likes

Excellent work, nice, crisp, coherent colour scheme. Looking forward to seeing more.

3 Likes

Great stuff @Drexxl !!! Welcome aboard ! I think you may be able to as long as they are spread out over different posts??

2 Likes

Thank you! And thank you freakshow. Just added some instagram links swell

2 Likes

Nice colour scheme! Very striking. Good symbols for the shields as well-

3 Likes

Love the yellow, very cool.

3 Likes

Ey, Drexxl du går i mina fotspår… :blush:
Welcome aboard!

4 Likes

Ohhh A fellow Big Hat lover!! Welcome to CDO!! :hatoff: :beer:
When you start out ya gotta kinda level up and stuff, I remember when I moved over here from the old forum I spent my “like button quota” in a few hours lol now I can spam all the likes I wants :smiley:
Probs something similar for posting pictures maybe but do not quote me on that I am no admin here, just another Dawi Zharr nutter!!

Really love your colour scheme, I do love all Chaos Dwarfs but the 90’s style mini’s and painting style has a very special place in my obsidian heart!
I am also a very slow painter and have yet to show off my full collection of mini’s as it is a sea of metal haha

3 Likes

Yes deebo i want to see the “fucck that, its 1994” chaos dwarves. I was mesmerised by your G.H. entry.

Welcome to cdo drexxl, i like the yellow and black colour scheme. Maybe ill paint a warrior in your honour or colours (since it is a colour scheme i havent tried yet)

5 Likes

Welcome fellow follower of Hashut. Most excellent colour scheme! Good luck uploading more.

2 Likes

Yes, there are a few restrictions placed on a new users. Its to prevent bots, commercial stuff etc. All restrictions get lifted pretty quick once you are active… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:
They are getting higher on my list, running out of things I need to print and hopefully after Artisans I can focus on some painting

1 Like

Welcome! The bright scheme on these looks great and as others have stated is very striking. I also like the skin tone you have achieved. Well done and keep em coming.

2 Likes

Hi again! Here I am again after two years. This army sadly lost most of it’s steam the following years, until I moved to gothenburg. There I came into contact with some geezers who got me into 6th edition. Thusly I have had to start painting again.

All I can say is, THANK HASHUT FOR SLAPCHOP!

With this I have been able to get my army going at lightning speed. I am not done yet, but I have upwards to 1500-2000 points when all is painted. Just need one last motivation spurt (aka a determined game day) to get them all done.

Due to switching to slapchop I also switched up the color scheme a bit, all gold was changed to red, and some of the black, this gave the figs more pop imo.

Well, less talking, more chorfing:

Warriors:

Blunderbusses:

Black Orcs (with a slaver as a boss proxy until I get my grubby paws on one):

The Bull Centaurs:

The Leaders (Still missing the hero leaning on his axe, the only dwarf of the range I do not have… :smiling_face_with_tear:)

I also have a final little treat for you all. Since most of my gaming days are spent playing blood bowl with tjub and co, I also have some blood bowl chorfs coming up!

Thats it for now, tjub has convinced me to be a bit more active here, so I have the page added as a bookmark.

Praise the Bullfather!

15 Likes

Love these, they look really great and yeah Slapchop is a lifesaver!

2 Likes

With @Filmdeg amazingly sharing Alan’s original sketches for the chorfs, I accordingly discovered Alan’s pinhead dwarfs.

For some reason the tall heads just do it for me, I love that look (cartoony of course), I had to do something with them, but I dont want to cut off a hat, so I decided to draw a little dwarf with a tall head to celebrate. I am not much of a 2D artist, but if I am going to share it somewhere, that would be here.

10 Likes

Do people here have a good idea of a figure/stl to use as an ogre for my Dreadquake mortar? I am rocking the old Earthshaker.

1 Like

This was released through Fabelzel’s channel:

4 Likes

That is PERFECT!

2 Likes