Duncan's Army

Looks great @Duncan! Im very tempted to repaint mine with yellow hoods… Yours pop way more than mine on the table. :thinking:

The hags could be used for command stands as some kind of council? The backstabbers could be sprinkled in other units, as newly revealed assassins going after enemy characters? The chief with hammer could either be character, unit command or bodyguard for Dun-Khan?
Thanks for sharing, love your army! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

One of the hags could be Dun-Khan’s mother? The likeness is remarkable!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::rofl::laughing: Better not show her this or I may be disowned!:blush:

I am thinking of some Tjubgobs for boat crew maybe with a Tjubling Captain? We shall see what time I have for such constructions.

Also some soft of Tjubgob cavalry or wolf-centaur? Not sure what I can come up with? I am thinking about it.:slightly_smiling_face: Obviously I will post when I know more. I may also try and lay them all out and do a whole army photograph?

3 Likes

:rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I compared a Female Dwarf Blood Bowl player to my Wife once on the olde forum.
I never told her either.

5 Likes

Glorious work, Duncan! Lovely painting and basing, and especially good background! Love the pet tie-ins. Very good story writing. :slight_smile:

@Abecedar also compared a WIP sculpt (early body shape stage, before any detail layers had been added at all) of this lass to his wife. I wouldn’t have dared to do such in his shoes. :smiley:

3 Likes

So how much gold didi you say this expedition was going to cost us?
And why is this table so damn tall, are you gobbos taking the P!€$$?
I ought a get Fang to eat one or two of yu!

6 Likes

So do you all think it is like a penal duty for a Tjubgob warrior to have to usher the snotgobs into battle, or is it a certain type of warrior that has an affinity with his small mischievous brethren?

Here is the fifth unit/regiment for the Tjubgob army. I tried to make it look more of a trembling, shambling, scurrying hoard than the others.

5 Likes

:joy:
I assume nobody wanted to risk the dog hitting its head… Looks like he just munches a hobgoblin or two.

1 Like

Yes, I wanted the doggy to look like he had been munching on unruly or greedy goblin warlords!:rofl: So the table had to be big enough to hide him under. I should have provided a stool for the dwarf but it was more in keeping with the hobgoblin comic to not do so I felt.:laughing:

Great work as ever! I love the vivid humour on display. Love the true horde impression :slight_smile:

I’d hazard a guess that herding runts would be a dishonourable profession among tjubgobs, but on the other hand they get lots of good opportunities to let their sadistic tendencies run loose with such creatures at their command. So it may be a bittersweet deal, perhaps?

Here we are at last, the Tjubgob Warlord Dun-Khan is launching the first of his navy paid for and built (or at designed.) by Tjubling allies. These first two are based around an ancient but tried and tested goblin ship, the Drillakilla! Although bringing modern steam technology the massive single but thin paddle wheel is driven by a beam engine rather than slaves. This means the ships are not as large as the traditional Drillakilla but just as deadly!

Note the ships crew are painted in blue uniforms whereas the regular army are in the normal colours. Each Drillakilla has axTjubling engineer to look after the steam engine.

The two ships are named after the Warlords two mascots. Can you tell which is which from the banners?

I have included a photograph of a Drillakilla ne t to the big Tjugob Monitor so you can see the size, (although there are two of them.) the ships are just slightly longer than thexTjubgob submarine I built ages ago.

7 Likes

So cool, love your creativity man! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Whats next, some kind of hangar ship?
We need a group shop of all the boats as well…

2 Likes

I would like to make a slightly bigger one, maybe a flagship hulk? Again using Tjubling steam engines, so having at least one Tjubling engineer, perhaps two on a bigger ship?

Then maybe troop transport?

I don’t have any other Chaos Dwarf ships yet, I was going to do a couple of torpedo or small gunboat type vessels, but they morphed into hobgoblin ships as these are the flavour of the month so as to speak.

I do have some resin late medieval/renaissance type human ships in 15mm that would do well to go against them, and loads of Medieval type crew and or soldiers.

Are there any plans for flying Tjubgobs? Like those old 28mm goblins launched from catapults? I can’t remember what they were called, Devil Divers or something? Then there could beca kind of goblin aircraft carrier?

Anyway, I am doing an Ork Stompa right now so I will consider the next move?

3 Likes

Haha, there wasn’t… Until now. Could be either as a rocket strapped on the back or a giant slingshot. It would be an even bigger honor to fly that close to the Storm God I assume. :thinking:

Oh, and how about a Yamato styled battle ship the size of a loaf. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here we have a 6th unit of Tjubgobs, these ones archers.
Oh no, I here you say, 6th unit? What happened to the 5th one?
Well do not worry they will be finding their way here soon enough. They have been painted, just not yet based. I just did these as I used some for crew figures on the ships and painted them as a batch. I need to get some more as there is only enough for 5 bases and I want ten bases at least per unit.
Mathias! I need another 15 Tjubgod archers! I will have to order some next week whilst the wife is out!

4 Likes

So as I said previously they were painted but not based. Now here we have the 5th regiment og Tjubgobs. It is the 2nd scimitar regiment.

4 Likes

So good, I love seeing updates to this thread

Love it, the Horde of Dun-Khan! :smiley:
Would really like to see the whole army together when its done. Its so cool seeing other people enjoy what you have created. Thanks alot for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I will try and take a whole army shot. But when will it ever be done?

In the meantime Warlord Dun-Khan has reluctantly allowed his mad mate Ma-A-Rew to come along with his trusty pet muncher Ka-Teff-In! Quite rightly some of the Tjubgobs are not to keen on the idea of having a drug addled hammer weilding loon aboard their transport hulk, whilst a supply of sqealing gobbos should at least keep Ka-Teff-In happy and placated for the voyage.

4 Likes

True, an army is never really done is it… :slight_smile: