Duncan's Army

This is as done as it is right now.

4 Likes

Looks great Duncan… Whats next? A costal settlement? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Cult of the Vacuum Cleaner God is big in Tjubling and Tjubgob society. Some see it as a depraved heresy, but it is gaining in popularity and the ability of it adherents to tame and use the shuffler grubs as cleaners is spooky, even if it is mainly done through electrodes into their necks via the collar they wear and a long wire up the lead. A little palm held device is all it takes to direct them.
Competitions are held to see who can get their ‘Vacuum’ to clean a standard size rug the fastest!

5 Likes

Doom Divers, that is what they were called! So far I have converted one of the Assasin characters into a doom diver. Ideal model for it really.
I am still working on the catapults and crew but they will be along shortly.

5 Likes

Haha, nobody expects the death-ninja-hobgoblin-from-above… :smiley:

2 Likes

Well done on the doom diver conversion, and the vacuum cleaner heretics are hysterically ridiculous… love what you’ve done with the place! Keep em coming!

I have been working on some of the new arrivals from Admiralty Miniatures this week.

First we have the Bull Centaurs and Man Manglers which are pretty good. I was happy with the way that the kit went together as I thought it was going to be fiddly, but was pleased that it was not, so well done Tjubs!!

Then there are the rocket guys. I tried to paint a skematic type sketch on the table to make it look as though they were discussing something technical about the rocket before lauch. Also is that a reuse of the dog handler guy, the one whose hands are part of the table sculpt?
The bazooka type rocket launcher is great, a similar sized heavy weapon as the flamer thrower team so a good addition to the range.

Then onto some Tjubgobs. One of the mounted ones. I thought a long time on whether to use the Tjubling or Tjubgob and in the end went for the 'gob. I just thought the lance type weapon looked cool and so far there are no cavalry options for them whereas at least there are bull centaurs. Also the Tjubling will be very useful in steam tank or similar conversions I am sure. Anyway, hopefully there will be a unit pack of Tjubgob lancers at some point in the not too distant future? Is that possible?

Then finally for this post I have finished the other five bases for the 6th Tjubgob regiment that I started a couple of weeks back. So the back row of five archer bases with another 15 of them making a standard ten base unit in total.

4 Likes

Thanks! It was an “experiment” since Ive never done anything similar before, but agree and think it came out pretty nice.

Not the whole model, but Ive reused some parts here and there which survived the moulding process. I think they might have the same hat and a very similar pose. But the Artillery Crew is looking a bit down to the side while the Dog Handler is looking forward

It is, though the Tjubgob rider got a bit messed up in the casting process. Still usable but requires some more hobby work than I intended. So might have to rethink how I did him, and future riders will probably come on wolves or something similar.

Glad you like them, always a joy to see your take on the Tjublings! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, that was fast painted! Lovely work overall, Duncan, and that Doomdiver and vacuum cleaner grubs are fantastic! Such a good laugh! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m loving all your work!
The Drillakilla models, the Hobgoblin doom diver and the vacuum of doom!
Dogs everywhere will flee in terror :grin:
Great stuff, looking forward to seeing more!

1 Like

These are not 15mm obviously. They are the 28mm figures from Admiralty Miniatures and I have had them for quite a while now so decided to paint them. They are Chaos Dwarf related so even though they are not 15mm I hope nobody is too upset at me posting them.

6 Likes

Nice, I really like the female Chaos Dwarf with the raised knife! Is that Admiralty Miniatures as well, dont recognize it?
@Admiral is the enslaved Faun having an erection? …and why?! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes they are all from Admiralty, I think the one with the knife is a priestess? They all came in a set of four, although I note that they are sold as sets of three in places without the priestess, I don’t know why?

I guessed the faun/wildman was having an erection due to the topless female dwarf whore. I got the impression from the set that she was there specifically to tempt him and get him erect, maybe to be brutally and bloodily circumcised by the priestess with her knife? I don’t know maybe I am wrong. Perhaps the people from Admiralty Miniatures can clarify this? :mask::dagger::hushed::scream:

2 Likes

Wonderful work, @Duncan! I particularly like the vivid colours on the stricken dwarf. The blue is such a rich touch. Do we have your permission to share them on Facebook and use the pictures for Etsy display? Duly credited to you, of course. :slight_smile:

Besides, they’re currently sold in a set of 3 because Dancing Yak Miniatures asked if they could retail sell the priestess (and scribe) as a single miniature, and I agreed because I want to support them. The set of 4 miniatures will return as soon as the resin stock has sold out enough and a new mould for whitemetal can be made.

@tjub, you’ve really missed both all this time? :smiley:

Check out this Imgur album for all pictures, including of sculpts.

The priestess with raised knife is entirely based on @Jackswift’s wonderful concept drawing (while the onion hat option is courtesy of a suggestion from JMR - there’s also a cylinder hat in the kit). Sadly, I don’t seem to have saved his drawing at the time, only looking at it on CDO, and the hosting site went down. @Jackswift, would you mind see if you can find it again? There is by the way a WIP pirate captain based on another of his wonderful drawings, which will get resumed and finished ASAP when I’ve cleared some must-do stuff first.

As for the anatomy, it is a reference to ancient Roman depictions of satyrs. Check out these Google images for Roman Pan and Satyrs. They always stoof for animalistic virilitiy, and displayed it very prominently in the flesh. Censoring it would be diluting the sheer, raw, red-blooded gutsiness inherent in ancient mythology and art; I try to evoke the same impression as the work of ancient artists in order to capture a sense of genuineness. As though this is truly how this fantasy culture would depict things, without the usual artificial fig leaves.

The whole Taming of the Wildman kit is a twisted take on the whole introduction story with Enkidu in the Epic of Gilgamesh, where the wild man Enkidu goes to the city after lying with the temple harlot Shamshat for seven days straight. Perhaps the Satyr is about to be gelded? The conclusion to the story in miniatures is up for the viewer to decide.

…which reminds me: When are you going to sculpt a 15mm copulating flying bull and cow? That’s a great idea of @Duncan, and we both demand it to happen! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes of course you can use the photographs on your website and shop as long as you think they are good enough? I am not the best of painters by a long way, but I did enjoy painting these. I used the same skin colours as I use for the Tjublings. I have done this for all the 28mm Chaos Dwarfs I have. That is not very many to honest, just a small warband really.

1 Like

Nice job on these Duncan. Some striking colors and they contrast your chosen skin tones nicely.

@Jackswift, would you mind see if you can find it again?

Came across the original a few months back. Will see if I can find it. Cheers!

1 Like

I have finished the Doom Diver catapults. The two of them have a Tjubgob preparing to get onto the device in order to be propelled into the sky and rain doom on some unsuspecting foe, or himself! I would like to get another character set at some point in order to make another flying Tjubgob.

2 Likes

I don’t think I posted these a few weeks ago when I did them. Flying cloud Tjublings.

4 Likes

I found a couple of flamer teams in my spare Tjubling box. I have a couple in the army already and now they have a couple more, so four in total.

2 Likes

Great idea with a Tjubgob-flinger… Ill have to do one of my own as well, they need some indirect capability! :stuck_out_tongue:
Superb conversions @Duncan!

Love the idea that you have a “spare Tjubling box”! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Admiral, you’ve got to give the man som Balistas as well! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes