Dwarvish Mesopotamia

All in due time all in due time haha.

Holy hell, this is beautiful work. Youre an inspired artist. keep it up!

1 Like

You’re a conversion genius, @Tyranno ! Exquisite.

1 Like

I will probably go over these photos and see if I missed any models out.

1 Like

Thank you :3

It’s all about getting ideas from life. All my animals are based on real ones, and my units have basis in history. Like for example, the camelids that the Hobgoblin cavalry archers are on, I re-built their front limbs from scratch, so I watched footage of camel running cycles to get an idea where their front legs would be in-sync with the position the back legs of the model were.

5 Likes

Just finished a two-day tournament, where I tried to get more of my army painted than ever. If I can remember to take some photos tomorrow, expect an update :smiley:

3 Likes

I said I would post something :smiley:

Infernal Warriors with hand weapon & shield.

Immortals

Taurukhs from Lost Kingdom. Yes I cannot resist converting even these. Their beards…irked me.

Also I had to bite the bullet and get resin, as there are just no alternatives for correct-sized bull-centaur models on the market in any other material.

Taurukh character, need to figure out if I want him as a Prophet or not. Better get some testing in…

Naptha Thrower, needs just edge highlighting and I can glue the business-end onto the chassis.

Giant with club

Slaves with a unit filler. I still need to figure out how to replicate the colour scheme of the Morrowind Guar onto the lizard.

Infernal Engine with rock crusher. The “smoke” is actually an Orc mage’s spell haha.

An update on the Hobgoblin camel rider unit. Had to get creative with the base, as I ran out of 40x60s.

Vassal Cavalry, or Hobgoblin Light Cavalry. A pretty innocuous unit, but I haven’t shown them here before, so might as well.

Titan Mortar, sans crew. Spent ages painting all the little rivets and bolts.

Enjoy!

18 Likes

I do! Man these are great. Well done

2 Likes

You are a visionary in how you represent chaos dwarves with your conversions. Great job!

2 Likes

Truly lovely mix of mesoptamia and steampunk. I love it. Oh and the camel… brilliant.

2 Likes

4 Likes

interested as always to hear the vassal cav component breakdown!

2 Likes

With pleasure.

Mount = Hobbit Warg (Specifically the Hobbit one, not the LotR one)
Torso/legs = Stormvermin
Lance = Ungor spear
Left arm = Ungor arm
Head = Night Goblin
Shield = Gripping Beast Islamic Infantry shields
Quivers = Ungor quivers
Bows = A mix of Night Goblin or new Goblin Wolf-rider

3 Likes

Servohauler gang! Unite!!!

Crushing these kitbashes. It’s always exciting to see how everyone can take the same kit and make something completely unique.

4 Likes

I have bought that kit 6(!!!) times, and have built basically the maximum amount of war machines options with them. 2 Mortars, 2 Rockets, 2 Flamethrowers.

And the rest of the kit as you see can be used to make the Infernal Engine. It’s such a good kit for this army.

And then GW go and release that new terrain set that looks like the perfect setting for them as well. I wish I had the funds to get that haha

4 Likes

wow! I’m really really diggin your style here!

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:
Also to add a little preview. This is a design I am using as a base for something big…expect more on it later.

7 Likes

Love the Volcano Cannon crewmembers! Especially the pouring guy!!!

2 Likes

Looks brilliant! What did you use to build this?

1 Like

Galvanic Servohauler for the majority of it. Driver’s compartment is a Chaos Chariot flipped around. Wheels are Chaos Chariot for the big ones, Plagueburst Crawler for the small ones. Front hatch is from a Chaos Rhino. Cow-catcher is the front of a Chaos Chariot. Pistons are from the Skullcannon. Smoke is from the Orruk Mage. Battering ram is made from Skullcannon cannon and two plates from an Imperial Guard tank. Wheel guards are from the Servohauler as well. And the chimney seal is a Dwarf Hammerer shield.

3 Likes