Dwerrow Zharr -13th Oct - Mini Magma

everything on square bases in 2021 is better than ever.
also is mordheim still played in squares? i thought it went for rounds too

they look all so nice, especially the one with the raven and the 2 side one with the chaos warrior elm, and those 2 long horns on that viking helmet

1 Like

Bases aren’t super important to the game. My gaming group lets you play with whatever :slight_smile:

The decrepit skull faces are ace. Always a fan whenever the goblin sittin in a sling shows its face in conversions too. I’m sure he’s keepin track of some very important stats from his perch, and making sure everyone knows that elves count double toward the kill count.

1 Like

He fits in perfect! Love what you have done with the theme here… You tie them all together really well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work mate, hats off.

Random idea - how about adding chunks of warpstone to them? Some scattered on the bases and some used as jewellery, armour decoration, etc. Would help convey the narrative of the differing sizes being due to them being warped by Chaos. :wink:

2 Likes

Have you got the north star dwarf heavy infantry sprues? Some great armoured heads on it for mixing into your units. Bought a sprue randomly on ebay. Shortened this fella down a lot at legs and neck

6 Likes

Once this particular pile of grey are beaten down, they are quite close to the top of the lists for purchases @Zoddtheimmortal - some lovely sculpts and very affordable!

1 Like

The first, but hopefully not last, slave giant for this army:

11 Likes

Love it! The skin and eyes look great!:+1:
As I posted earlier, I really enjoy your new northern take on CDs^^ Can’t be more chaotic or evil than this, plus your painting speed is of the charts. :cd1990gif:

1 Like

Lovely model and paintjob, though a missed opportunity for a tartan loin cloth…

2 Likes

Haha @MichaelX I tried to do the symbol of Hashut in a more Celtic/Germanic sorta fashion with swirls and stuff on the loin cloth

1 Like

Skin was really well done on this, definitely I deciding factor for myself, congrats @Oxymandias !!

1 Like

Beautifully executed from top to bottom and those muted grey-scale tones make the model that much more striking . Well earned Golden Hat. Cheers! :hatoff:

2 Likes

Thanks gents. Blown away by it getting as many votes as it did. I was very happy with the face and skin but wasn’t sure if it was “chaos dwarfy “ enough to do well. Thankfully the comp was as varied and crazy as ever do it didn’t seem to matter!

The eyes on the model are actually quite easy to paint as the pupils are actually little holes !

2 Likes

Very cool dude, a worthy winner! :skull2:

2 Likes

The asscannon. What a laugh!
Managed to snap a tendon in my finger mid sculpt so added less detail than I’d hoped to but happy with the end result.

Here are the WIPs

Finally found a use for split aggrax pots ^ haha

Paint lid heads ^

Push pin eyeball^

Another, less flattering angle. The cannon is a syringe for children’s medicine.

First bits of sculpting. Photographed BTI (before trousers related injury)

The last bits up sculpting. The green stuff don’t before injury and the super lazy fur down with das clay post injury.

Main paint job going on

The finished BumBard, ready to go to war with the Dwerrow Zharr!

18 Likes

I really like the “overexcited dog stretching in preparation for a game” posture combined with the “holy shit what am I doing here” expression.

5 Likes

Hilarious bumbard. Aye, the pose and facial expression are such a winning combination. Excellent work, and good documentation of your progress. So is your wife ashamed of you or not for that milliput sphincter? Also, good base! It adds a lot.

And we must not forget to mention and record for all posterity that you snapped a tendon in your finger while pulling up your pants on the loo. Such details cannot be glossed over, dear @Oxymandias . :tongue:

Also speaking of historical details glossed over… I look forward to the Artisan’s special. To think I missed out on the chance to make an asscannon when you guys had all the fun!

Whistles innocently.

4 Likes

Great sculpting work, just look at that thing! Well done, Oxy!

3 Likes

thank you for this explanation. it was definitely a needed addition to my day.

@Oxymandias the humorous details are too many to list. Keep finding new ones. A few of my favorites:
Curled fist white knuckling it during a clearly traumatic experience
hoofs. love em
detoothed upper jaw. really adds to the expression and to this being an enslaved creature.
painted rust? spots on the barrel, Hashut knows what noxious crap is way up in there

Hope the injury heals so eventually we’ll see fisty mcramrod in the future!

3 Likes