Dwerrow Zharr -13th Oct - Mini Magma

Not a fan of the ass cannon concept, but you did a great job on the sculpt! The fur came out beautifully, and that expression is priceless. Well done!

2 Likes

Beautiful sculpting work! It also fits your Dwerrow Zharr’s style perfectly. As others have already mentioned, the facial expression is hilarious. I expect you will see a similar look on your opponents’ faces across the gaming table when you deploy that thing unannounced :smile:

2 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Love the pin for an eye :scream:

2 Likes

This answers so many questions I had! Took real vision to coax this out of the components - do you think you’ll ever add mister ramrod?

1 Like

Some point I’m sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Xarathustra has awoken…

15 Likes

Oh mate, that’s a fantastic little thing, isn’t it? I REALLY want one.

2 Likes

Oh now that’s awesome!!!
Look at his little slitta grot too :grin::metal:t2:

Really cool conversion and sublime basing skill there

2 Likes

Boy I those old dragon wings would look much bigger on him
Bravo jac!

1 Like

@Oxymandias can I just say how much I enjoy seeing dwarves with spears? If they live underground and fight goblinoids and ratmen all day, a shield to clog up space and a spear to stab through the gaps seem like the most logical combination. No extra space is needed to heft a spear. Your forgotten brethren here look ready unstoppably march down a hall and trample anything in their way.

4 Likes

@Ihsan997 yes! To be honest long pole weapons (@Reaver ‘s fav) are ideal for anyone as squat as a dwarf as well!

I love the spears I think there’s something very dark ages about round shields and rows of spears that captures my imagination.

Thanks dude :slight_smile:

5 Likes

An all day painting session yesterday to get ready for a game. I’ll photograph these Nicely and add to main thread soon.

But this does mean I’ve realised something !

1500pts !

If another staff member can just confirm, I’ll medal myself up later :slight_smile:

15 Likes

So I know you posted wips on discord yesterday, but just to be clear, the chain mail on the swivel gun crew was solid metal with grime wash picking out the black gaps between chain links right?

1 Like

Yes @chitzkoi it was silver paint and streaking grime. Nothing else

1 Like

No 1.5k badge but definitely added the 1k! 2k is near mate. Get those blunderbusses done!

2 Likes

Yup. 1k Achieved. 2k here I
Come! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just noticed the burning banner, very awesome! :cd1980: I always love to find such beautiful details!

1 Like

After playing 8th I realised I needed a standard bearer. So I’ve used a few bits but and sculpted some others. He will be receiving some paint and a banner soon :slight_smile:

15 Likes

He looks great, I like the horn. I spot the naked beserker guys, nice!

2 Likes

I still can’t help myself hating you for being able to go this fast
:hat6: .
:mad0: .

2 Likes