Eisenhans further descent into madness

Aloha!
About a year ago I got an idea for a model to replace the horrendous GW Screaming bell I no longer own. I thought a Mierce mole-rat with a big platform on it’s back would look really cool. On top of it all I wanted a rat sitting on a throne, but seeing as I am not very handy with the greenstuff I reached out to the one and only master-wizard of the green @Admiral and asked if he could help me out. Needless to say he got free hands as long as it could fit on the platform on top of the tower.
The rest as they say is history.

This will be were you can follow the painting of the most fantastic ratty creation I’ve ever seen (I cried tears of joy when I first saw this mini). I do hope I can do it justice.

Day 1:
Laying on the wood and deciding on the rest.

C&C more than welcome.

8 Likes

Hahaha @Eisenhans and @Admiral … it’s even more horrible with a little paint… I love it!

Thanks for the WIP pics! I’ll follow this one with great joy and interest.

The wood is already looking nice! It goes to show how much detail admiral sculpted in this!

3 Likes

Haha! Very nice start. This will be fun to watch!

Damn. I notice that I didn’t manage to scrape away all the mouldline on one of the vases. Sorry about that. It’s the pointy amphora pot closest to the ram, and it’s visible on the outside. My advice is keep the painting competitions on tournaments in mind, and remove it for the future good of the model. Perfection in small things will help you reap the glory you deserve. :smile:

2 Likes

Wonderfully, gloriously horrible. I too am really looking forward to seeing this pained fully.

3 Likes

Haha… This has to be one of the most disturbing miniatures Ive seen on CDO. :rofl:

3 Likes

:shock: Not sure what to say about this one apart from WOW! I must show my friends and wife! lol

2 Likes

So I’m slow okay? :slight_smile:

I can say this model is both heaven and hell to paint!
And why did I go for gold? I hate-hate to paint gold after doing it on my ewal dwergr. Ah well it looks good from more than 40cm away.

Cheerio until the next irregular update that will keep coming at regularly occurring times at random.

7 Likes

Next big AOS centrepiece

His bell end is the focal point of the entire thing

4 Likes

Well, I did consider making a lightning bolt shooting out of his phallus…

Great going! I can see why this is hell to paint. :smiley:

3 Likes

Aaahahahaha beautiful! Seeing this thing makes me happy! Thanks for the update! Slow or fast is irrelevant, it will be worth it in the end!

3 Likes

The painting does the sculpting justices. Both are fantastic

3 Likes

@Eisenhans @Admiral

Look what i found…

3 Likes

Sorry guys but it will take a while before I do anything further on this mini. The game I play did a number on the rats and I have no pull whatsoever to paint anything rat-related atm.
In the meantime feast your eyes on my latest addition to my pig-army:

WIP obviously.

9 Likes

Haha what is that. It looks disgusting, probably intended… but still… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

In WFB terms it would be a Giant or a Demon Prince. The pig army is made to be played as largely anything, will be fun to watch the ultra orthodox elfplayers squirm when I play them as elves (the only reason I’d EVER be caught playing elves mind you). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/DBDIsL7
https://imgur.com/gallery/E32OYy3
https://imgur.com/gallery/1qLpAKy

Me @Admiral and 2 other guys did a thing.
80% built, sculpted and painted by me in the last 6 months.
Mama pig (the displayboard that can be seen in the YouTube film) built wholly by a mate.

9 Likes

This is… horrible…

In a good way… but horrible…

4 Likes

Fabulous!

@MichaelX The big sow might be upgraded for increased anatomical correctness in the future. Make of that what you want. :smiley:

2 Likes

I expect nothing less!!

2 Likes

Almighty Porco Dio there!

5 Likes