Emissary exchange (well..sort of) poll V2

True, but instead of adding whatever part you are up to this would have you sculpt hands, arms, torso, head,…

1 Like

How about we do one common model first? It’s easier and open for more people to sculpt part of a model instead of a whole model. I’d love to see a collaborative CDO miniature.

We could perhaps do centaurs/whole models after that?

Reinforcing the package will work fine. Should it be sent around with tracked shipment?

1 Like

With this emissary we did tracked for most shipments. Especially the overseas ones.

1 Like

I’d also prefer to have a single model where everyone contributes a small part, for this first round at any rate. Sculpting is a slow process, and even sculpting half a model takes a fair bit of time. And since this is a new concept of exchange (as far as I’m aware), I think it would be nice for everyone if we got a result soon-ish (it will still take long enough :smile:).

But I do like @Zoddtheimmortal’s idea very much and think that it could be taken up at some point. Wasn’t one of the very first contests on old CDO to turn a BFSP dwarf into a CD? If I understand correctly, this would be the same concept taken a step further - everyone gets the same sculpting dolly and goes from there. It wouldn’t need to be a contest, either. I’m sure it would be a lot of fun, but it will be something of a longer-term project (at least for me, I don’t know how many of you guys are quick-sculptors like @Admiral :tongue:).

3 Likes

100% agree mate. Pretty sure there will be more emissary exchanges in the future for other, more elaborate formats.

The “quick and loose” aspect of this one is good for a first round and takes out a lot of restrictions you’d have to implement if you want a somewhat consistent end result.

Also, any newbie sculpters are having a bit of stage fright… there’s no need… lots of stuff Is simple enough with a bit of mentorship from one of the veterans on here… that will help you a lot. I’ve asked @Admiral for loads of advice and issues. And if you fear messing up other people’s work there’s always other stuff to make… like a fancy base with rocks or something. This should be accessible to both vets a d beginners. My artisans entry is the first model I sculpted myself from a heap of polymer clay and some bits. If I can do that… you van too!

3 Likes