EvilFuzzyDoom in "Clear that backlog!" [BATG 2022]

Today I finished ten more men for the meat grinder:

These get me to two infantry squads in “Red Platoon”, with two more to go. Those need some assembly and undercoating, so they can wait for now. I’m trying to stick to models I’ve already got built & primed (or almost built & primed) to get myself back below zero as soon as possible.

The two squads I’ve painted for Red Platoon were a bit of an oddity: they’re some of the few guardsmen I bought pre-built, and they were missing pouches and accessories. I decided to smash them out because they were undercoated already but on reflection, I should have maybe rebuilt them into models for my Ventilators. The blue scheme is almost all done with contrast paints and takes much less time to paint than the older one, and the lack of accessories really does kind of bother me.

Oh well. There’s still at least 90 more guardsmen (that’s just infantry squads!) for me build & paint, provided I don’t go mad first.

For entertainment’s sake, here’s a comparison between a model I painted in about 2009 and one of the just-finished models:

I think the lesson here is “giving up on edge highlighting is liberating”.

Next on the table are two command squads and an officer:

Anyway, here’s how the scores sit now:

BATG score: 32 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Shame Golf score: -92 :white_check_mark:

6 Likes