Fifty shapes darker [BATG 2023]

if fighting will not result in victory, then you must not fight even at the ruler’s bidding. – Sun Tzu

The year draws to a close, and with thit my efforts in the BATG. It is time to take stock, to see what has been accomplished, and where there is room for improvement.

I went into the year confident in my hobby abilities. I was very happy with last year’s BATG, where I had painted probably more than ever before in my hobby life. Since I didn’t have anything primed anyway, I started the year with some terrain projects and assembling models still left on sprue. I thought I could pass by with a little while without painting, but then life got in the way and that period ended up longer than I anticipated. But that didn’t stop me from adding a few new models to my Night Goblins and Chaos Dwarfs, getting more Underworlds warbands, jumping into Necromunda and Warcry, picking up a few lone models I just really liked, and starting a substantial Dark Angels FOMO run to complete my firstborn army before the inevitable relaunch.
If not through painting, I could at least sell some models I just didn’t need which was also nice, and in August I finally started painting. I’m quite happy with what I’ve painted, even if it wasn’t as much as I had hoped. It’s important now to carry that momentum I started at the end of the year into the next, so I may at least start that one with some negative numbers.

We shall see.

2 Likes