Fifty shapes of grey [BATG 2022]

Gorgeous paintjob on those squigs mate!

2 Likes

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

1 Like

:arrow_down: Painted models: 12
:arrow_right: Total count: -55

Yet another end-of-the-month buzzer beater.

12 Squigs for my Squig Herdaz, finally canceling out the Hobgrot purchase - with one model extra to once again climb the silver platform! Eagle-eyed readers may notice Daemonsmith Rosi in the background taking a keen interest in one of the squigs, and the one with the perfect pose for it as well.

Would you like to know more?

9 Likes

eBay messing with my BATG again :no_mouth:

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 2
:arrow_right: Total count: -53

But I always wanted to have these two, especially that iconic Boss. Need to rip away all that junk, though. And strip the paint, obviously

6 Likes

Yessss they’re so good

1 Like

:arrow_down: Painted models: 10
:arrow_right: Total count: -63

Finally some progress again!

10 / 20 of three generations of Squig Hoppers painted.

9 Likes

i think i already said it on discord, but i love these @Jasko!

1 Like

Thanks mate, much appreciated! Nothing like a little compliment to stay motivated.

The next/last 10 ones are right around the corner, stay tuned :wink:

1 Like

:arrow_down: Painted models: 10
:arrow_right: Total count: -73

And here they are already!
The last 10 Squig Hoppers. I have now painted 100 models, which is not to shabby for me. And I would have gotten away with the gold if it weren’t for those meddling kids…

4 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 5
:arrow_right: Total count: -78

Painted the first five characters for my Night Goblins. Overall not too much hassle, the Squigs were much more difficult with the pre-shading and the glazing and so on.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes I always want to know more, but for some reason the algorithm keeps feeding me your BATG first… Algoblinrithms are all out of whack it seems.

1 Like

My BATG is everything you need to know between heaven and earth, it’s the alpha and the omega, it’s the kiss of the sun setting on a hoarfrost covered leaf after the darkest night and the final sigh of a sundown as it gently sinks beneath the sparkling blue of the eternal ocean.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 5
:arrow_down: Painted models: 2
:arrow_right: Total count: -75

Light and Shadow for the BATG this week.

A former colleague started painting Warhammer models recently (never would have expected!), so she and two other former colleagues (one of which is my regular gaming buddy) decided to do a little thing together. We’ll all paint up a Warhammer Underworlds warband as a little social thing, then play the game, since she also never played Warhammer. I mean I just finished my Zarbag’s Gitz, but I didn’t want to miss out on a friendly painting thing, think it’s much more motivating if everyone joins in. Plus it gave me the opportunity to get last year’s runner-up for GW model of the year…

But I also managed to finish two more bosses, so it’s not all “bad”

4 Likes

If I understood the concept of voting I would definitely have cast in favor of Mr Crabs. Tried many o times to loot him from eBay auctions but was always outbid.

1 Like

It’s an instant classic! Can’t wait to chop something in half with that claw

1 Like

:arrow_down: Painted models: 1
:arrow_right: Total count: -76

2 Likes

:arrow_right: Total count: -77

Next Night Goblin Boss done. And it’s an important one!

1 Like

:arrow_right: Total count: -78

Phew! This one really kept me up at night. The first of the new Gloomspite models released and I knew I had to have him. It was love at first sight! And in a way it was the thing which restored a little faith into AoS as a whole in me. If they could release a model like this, which I could very well use with my Night Goblins, maybe there was hope after all? And sure enough, soon after they released new Squigs and they were all awesome.
And now I’ve finally painted it.

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 1
:arrow_right: Total count: -77

I’m back from my vacation and within hours of returning I headed into my local GW, which is completely bonkers for me :smiley: God that place is almost cringe by now. I haven’t had a proper hobby shop in decades and wouldn’t mind one, but my GW couldn’t be it.

Anyway, I just had to had to model of the month. And since it was delayed in Germany until 9/24, I was actually able to still grab one. Nice.

And guys: the head is separate! I will definitely have a stroll through my bits-box…

2 Likes

Looks like a squat?

Cut the shins off and put a chaos dwarf head in there if it is!

1 Like