Followers of the Forbidden Scriptures of Dingir Nakart Zhinn

After comparing all available sources of the different units and designs, I decided for Russian Alternative for the regular troops, with their big hats for a distinctive CD design.
I do like the Forgeworld designs but they only cover war machines and Infernal Guard.

For character models, this one represents everything one could wish for for a colonialist prick, so it seemed just about right for the role of a Castellan:

His hat has been flattened above to make it less disproportionate, as important as the dwarf inside might deem himself.

Warriors with two-handed weapons have modified weapons but are mostly kept as intended:

Warriors with HW+S are still missing their custom shields, but the rest of them is converted from the “remastered” version of the 2HW warriors with their more delicate (comparatively) weapons:

There is also a unit with blunderbusses, which partly lost and partly got replaced the cumbersome bayonets of the original models:

Another unit becomes possible only with the help of a forum member from here, so many thanks again @Jasko for sending me the crossbows.

The base models are from LK but the scale doesn’t quite fit as explained in the other thread. My etsy seller is back in business again since recently, so I can order a unit of 30mm ones (instead of 28mm) soon.

For the three RA units I have a backup of a few more ranks each, so they won’t have to stay so small until the war ends.

A few war machines are new and not ready to be shown yet, outside of this thread where I actually changed an invisible details. Same goes for a unit of K’daai Fireborn.
For a K’daai Destroyer there exists an idea, not mine, that I intend to copy, but not in addition to all the other open projects.

Instead, there have been some experimentation for bases:

Not a single drop of paint shed yet.
Not for the reason of, but it seems not easy at all find a colour scheme that look neither totally unoriginal and uninspired nor out of place for CDs.

18 Likes