For Beginners: Handy Compilation Links

I was recently chatting with @dancwart , a fellow Swedish artist, over on his Discord art channel, the Tea Water Paint Pot. More specifically, I was sharing the milestone of CDO creative hotbed influence reaching into a certain golden strategy game for the better.

@dancwart wrote:

I’ve been curious of what you guys are up to for some time
It’s just, looking into new communities takes… well time

So to give him and others an easy start, I threw the following list of links to image compilations his way:

It surely does!

Here are some links to handy compilations to get you started, all pictures (we’ve got vaults of writing as well, just say the word):

Chaos Dwarfs Through the Ages (official models with some brief descriptions, to give a sense of what we’ve worked out from): Chaos Dwarfs Through the Ages

Likewise, official Chaos Dwarf Artwork: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/gw-official-chaos-dwarf-artwork/548

Now the community fun begins!

Golden Hat Gallery. Contest gallery of all entries in this painting/converting contest: Golden Hat Gallery

Artisan’s Contest Gallery. Competition gallery for this more experimental contest: Artisan's Contest Gallery

Compilation of community Chaos Dwarf artworks: Compilation of Homebrew Chaos Dwarf Artwork & Concept Sketches

And an absolutely massive salvage thread I pulled together in 2017 (Damn Photobucket!) to save our thousands and thousands of modelling pictures. So many crazy homebrew creations here: Carven Images: A Decade of CDO in Pictures (2007-2017 A.D.)

This is just half of the iceberg. There’s lots and lots more!

Cheers

Now, to people interested in writing I’d also include the following two links to background & stories.

As to writing, check out this compilation, several stories of which are illustrated with their own artworks: [Archive] Chaos Dwarf Stories & Background Index [WHFB]

And the new background & story section, the new gems of which are yet to be updated into a clone of the above compilation: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/c/chaos-dwarf-discussion/background-stories-and-art-by-members/12

Copy-paste the link to this thread or this very link list and spread around to your heart’s content.

For the greater glory of Hashut and his slavish servants on CDO! :hashut:

Of course, several of the links go to the threads on old CDO since the copied archive uploads on new CDO are still wonky. This is on the to-do list to sort out in future years. Please bear with it. Dwarven patience and perseverence will win through in the long run.

Cheers!

9 Likes

Thamk you Glad to be here :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome @dancwart !

3 Likes

Thank you :3. I have drawings to do right now. But hopefully I can introduce myself properly later. And go through the material.

2 Likes

Welcome to CDO!

3 Likes