Fuggit Khans Big Hats, Big Teeth n' Big Noses blog

Love’em ^^

I went through all CD 4th edition models + zonk models and did a compilation set of papers to use for inspiration when making axe heads when making new axes for my sculpts. Only carved 2 of them so far though :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

.:hat2: Be careful to not cut yourself with those deadly axes!
.:tongue3:

3 Likes

Thank you gentlemen!
And a bit more work on the second (of three) sculpts that I’m making for Admiralty Miniatures, still very much a work in progress. I’ve discovered that making interchangeable two handed weapons is surprisingly difficult, in terms of wrist positions, etc to look natural with bent arms

And as mentioned by @Admiral
about 16 years ago I was contacted by a curator from the Austrian Aviation Museum, who wanted to commission me to build custom models of WWI Austro-Hungarian (Austrian) aircraft for an upcoming (at that time) exhibit. He contacted me originally to ask where in the world did I get a model of the Aviatik C.I that he had seen I built on another modelling forum (no production kits exist of it). When I told him I had made it 100% scratchbuild from plastic sheet and brass, he immediately commissioned me to make the Aviatik B.II (again, no mainstream kits exist of this aircraft)…so this is what I built for the museum, all scratchbuilt from plastic sheet, brass and some putty:

Here are some of the other Austro-Hungarian aircraft I built for display at the museum :

jsd_phx_d1_3

Yes, a bit off topic, but WWI aviation and WWII military models are my first and foremost hobby (Warhammer is the stepchild of my hobbies), hopefully you’ll enjoy these builds too, cheers

20 Likes

Great plane models! I don’t know much about aviation (or modern warfare in general), but they look beautiful. I’ll have to go there and admire them in person at some point :hatoff:

2 Likes

Amazing how the dwarf looks like he is rowing xD
Also i had no idea you did such Amazing work on airplanes!
Those are majestic. What the Fuggit

3 Likes

Inspirational @Fuggit_Khan such a smooth sculpt it really makes you want to pick up the tools and give it a go, all the best art makes people want to try it

Those planes are great, I love he thought you bought them so had to immediately hire you :grin: well deserved

3 Likes

@Fuggit_Khan why verything you touch becomes so beautiful?

Your WWI planes are amazing, I’d love to see something similar ChaosDwarfish :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you gentlemen!
Da Khan has been on holiday (yes, Hobgoblins enjoy their day in the sun), but I’m back home now and have done a bit more work on the sculpts for Admiralty Miniatures.
Yes, slow progress, and maybe not readily apparent, but the Eye of Hashut guides my hobby knife with a slow purpose.
Watch your back.

Next up, mustaches and fine details…and then the heavy great weapons :smile:

13 Likes

So clean and smooth. How can you achieve such a result? Any tip? :heart_eyes: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

These are going to be SO good @Fuggit_Khan

2 Likes

So darn clean!! reminds me I only have one FuggitHat left to use!!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Great sculpting, cannot wait for them to be released :smile:

1 Like

Beautiful work on the Axes and CD wielders. Love your work on the scratch built WWI aircraft. The models look amazingly detailed and very professional. What scale were the final models?

3 Likes

So beautiful! These are going to be fantastic. :hatoff:

Plus one to that question :smile:

5 Likes

Awesome sculpts. I could never get my green stuff that smooth.

And you even made the red armour look good. I look forward to seeing more.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone!

@Bassman and @Antenor , well, I do have a trick to make the green stuff smooth…but it’s kinda gross and not conducive to Covid…but what the hell, you wanted to know : I lick my finger and smooth it out that way. Something about the viscosity of spit that works better than water.
Yeah, we Hobgoblins have no proper manners.

@Reaver , I’m curious which Fuggit Hat you still haven’t used?

@Loidrial , WTF Duck ?! :joy:

@Jackswift , the models are 1/72 scale, and thank you, I’m happy that you like them!

And a bit more work done, mustaches and other small details added. Still need more small details, feet, etc.
New interchangeable Big Hats have been started and the heavy two handed axe are about 50% done.
More pics later…my better half wants to go eat now, so I gotta go!
Thanks again for all of your comments!

11 Likes

I think I just have the straight one with the rocket fins left. And only because It’s been long dedicated to a top secret rocket themed project…

Did I just read that newwww hats are on the way!? praise Hashut!

2 Likes

Using spit is not so out there. I bet a fair few of us still lick their paint brush to get a nice point. I used to all the time. Ive stopped doing it now but my brushes are probably getting wrecked faster. Anyone else still do this?

4 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one. Guess I need piles more practice at tactical spit usage because my sculpting needs work

2 Likes