Golden Hat XXXVII - Voting!

Certainly! Be prepared for a lengthy episnowed. So much to unpack here! Quality all around folks.

5 Likes

Hail Hashut!
Hail the Almighty Hobgoblin!
These are all wonderful entries, from superb painting, creative conversions, to whimsically evil and even a Khmer (Cambodian) Apsara background scenery piece.
Joyous to behold, but damned to decide on only three :thinking:
I have one outright favorite and not because it’s masterfully painted as some others are, but because it’s beautifully creative, and I typically vote for creativity instead of masterclass painting (with deepest respect to you world-class painters out there!). But this goes in line with what others have already said, please don’t be shy to enter, because there’s people such as myself who vote for creative ideas and clever conversions, because to me that’s the heart of the hobby.
And killing elves :hocho:
Good work everybody!
Glad to see that Hobgoblins are loved :heart:

10 Likes

They must be loved, they have the fullest respect by everyone here.
Because noone would like to be in their shoes (which don’t wear) if you have the guts to be such a great gitz (and slave lol) max respect out there

Joking aside, man, my votes are in, but it was so damn difficult to choose between just 3.
I wanted to vote for atleast 6 guys out there!
:hob05: :hobkhan: :hob2020:

5 Likes

Yeah… I’m at about 7 to choose from… still a lot of work…

1 Like

@Loidrial
The Mounted Hobgoblin Hero (Fuggit Khan) does have shoes, a bit hard to see in the pic because I painted his shoes in the same color as his wolf (just seemed appropriate he’d wear shoes from wolf leather).
The shoes are hobnailed too, which is pretty cool.
So yes! Everyone can raise their status in life and walk in the shoes of a Hobgoblin
:heart: :hob05:

4 Likes

Well… I voted… 1st and 2nd spot were quite easily filled. But then there were 5 contenders for the 3rd spot… that was hard.

@Fuggit_Khan
They’d be “Woof (Ugh) Boots” then.

I tend to look at them one day, and then the next day, and then again
several times before voting

2 Likes

Best quote ever :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Votes are in. The last spot in the roster one was a tough decision.

2 Likes

So I finally got around to choosing the three best entries…

Man, that was hard, what you all have delivered here. Thanks for letting me be part of it

4 Likes

Great entries all around, amazing work!
My votes are in. Close as always

2 Likes

:spoon: inb4 wooden spoon ftw :spoon:

1 Like

@Loidrial I think 17 gets wooden spoon by default. No votes allowed haha

2 Likes

Well, my votes are in.
This was the hardest GH voting I’ve ever had, all the entries are great in so many ways.
And this was by far the funnest to vote for too, not just because of my love of Hobgoblins, but because there’s so many wonderful little details to see in the entries, most of which I overlooked at first (and second, third, fourth, etc) glance.
The squashed night goblin, the seashells, the Khmer Apsara, the arrow on the head, etc…it’s kinda like Where’s Waldo, you really have to open your eyes and study for the smallest details.
Wonderful entries all, everyone should be proud of what was accomplished, and of course for such a Noble and Honorable subject matter :hob06:

8 Likes

Yes yes, whatever. Hand off your hats! :top1: :top2:

But yeah, totally agree

2 Likes

My votes are in! :grin:

3 Likes

It’s because we are talking about the greatest race in warhammer universe :hob02:

5 Likes

Well my votes are in. Wow! What a competition. Well done everyone. I could happily have voted for all of them. Such creativity, such skills, such evil backstabbiness. Awesome.

4 Likes

I’ve voted! Great work all!

1 Like

A very open contest, changed my mind many times over what to vote for. Nice having so much to look at . Only 3 days of voting left for the slackers!

5 Likes