Golden Hat XXXVIII - Voting!

Holy crap! Already a lot of cool stuff what you show here so! :metal: I still have no idea which entry I should choose. :thinking: I only know that with the ingenious models I will probably have no chance of winning! :scream: Maybe it works out with one of the random prizes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Next AC im sculpting this specifically for you @Oxymandias

6 Likes

Bahahahah

This is a grand celebration of everything chaos dwarfy.
We have altars, artillery, monsters, troops, colossa?/Colossi? And characters, with some humour thrown in.

Nice one everyone

Will take me ages to pick favourites

8 Likes

Awesome, so much cool shit :cd1991gif: :hobkhan: :lammasu1:

3 Likes

Dear me, how is one supposed to choose from all this awesomeness?

2 Likes

I can’t, this community, so much greatness. Overloading! Steam explosion imminent, pirate ship sinking!

13 Likes

Wow amazing work everyone, now my entry feels totally inadequate! :joy:

So many deserving winners

2 Likes

@Jasko : I’ve thought about it in the past, but never added it because I didn’t want to scare off any potential entrants, even with a non-mandatory line. Don’t want to make it more of a hassle for anyone to enter, even with non-obligatory stuff. But it might be advisable now that we’re back up in numbers and I’m feeling some strain for the first time.

I’ll be off on a ski holiday for over a week, might look into it after that. Good ideas!

@rollforwounds : Thank you kindly for tips and offer of help! I’ll check it out in a while.

Preferably we could do it without asking people to provide collages when entering, and with some software so that a single hand can handle it all swiftly without putting burdens upon others, but it’s sure a great offer, and one well worth returning to after trying out various options. I appreciate it!

Thanks a lot, both of you!

4 Likes

I know I would struggle.

1 Like

Chaos Dwarfs Online really knows how to do a painting competition right! I would have never imagined that there would be 28 entries, especially 28 that reached such a superb level of quality.

So many fantastic, creative and beautiful models. Tough decisions lay ahead as I try to narrow down my top 5. Cheers to everyone involved and especially @Admiral for taking the time to set all this up.

Glory to Hashut!

10 Likes

Hashut is clearly the most beloved of all the old world gods, because only he has such diehard worshippers making offerings of such creativity.
Well done everyone!
Looking at all of these, I feel like the proverbial kid in a candy shop :candy:
Or, perhaps Hashut in a china shop :taurus2:
Either way, what a joy to behold!
Hats off to all of you

Oh, and one of my ideas that I toyed around with was a Death Star. Pretty cool to see that someone else had the same idea and beat me to it!

7 Likes

Yoinks! So much goodness here… :astonished:

4 Likes

This. Needs to be spammed everywhere.

4 Likes

Wow. So many entries. Such Quality, such creativity. How to chose 5??

Well at least I will be in the top 30

8 Likes

that’s why i suggested a Gimp tutorial. Its free software and not too hard to use. With a simple guide threshold is fairly low i assume. It also increases uniformity IF you require the entrants to do it.

1 Like

I think the hardest issue is how to cleanly join Portrait and Landscape images into a single image.

What if… we don’t make a collage but do the following:

• Contestants have to enter a “cover” image and 3 supplementairy images. (same as now but they choose a prefered cover)
  • @Admiral only shows the Cover image on the voting thread but add a link to the imgur where all the contestants are hosted? OR we create an image thread for each competition where you make a reply for each contestant. You can then link to each reply from the main voting thread.

This eliminates all extra image work, just upload and link to the mail voting thread.

Just some out of the box thinking.

1 Like

And this also allows for higher resolution images. It does creat more image traffic, so that is something to consider.

Ah yes. Well that’s very noble of you! Technically I was thinking about leaving it worded as it is but maybe add “if you want to go the extra mile and are able to do so, feel free to submit the photos like this XYZ.” Makes clear that it is not needed but appreciated.

Interesting! Separate posts for each entry would also be useful for “post-processing”, namely sharing one’s entry within an army blog, BATG thread or even externally. I think I would like this.

Speaking as a tech idiot, l would be happy to send photos in in a different format but would REALLY need a dummies guide. Also possibly a dry run otherwise I will end up trying to do it at the last minute.

3 Likes