Golden Hat XXXVIII - Voting!

“Rampage!”

Warcolours Presents: The voting thread for the 38th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

How to vote:
Please submit 5 numbers as votes by sending a PM to the @GoldenHat account (a special account all Staff members can access).

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 28. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd and so on. Simply list the five that you like and we will do the rest. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM March the 14th, 2022 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

Album of Images

Remember, this round there are lots of prizes up for grabs!

Great job everyone and good luck!
The Staff

15 Likes

thanks to Admiral for the work and that he has already uploaded the contributions.

It’s even harder to decide on 3 entries this time.
There are so many really cool conversions, so many great models.

ahhhhhrg I think I don’t have enough gold and slaves to buy even one voice^^

7 Likes

WHAAAAAAAAAT! 28!!!

Holy Hashut how are we ever going to vote on this!

Also… this will be a 7 hr podcast :smiley: :smiley:

7 Likes

Hashut almighty. Information overload. I’ll need to look at these properly tonight.

CDO I fucking love you all. You mad mad mad bastards.

This is why this forum continues to endure, thrive and grow. Look at this. This is mental. What other forum can boast this level of creativity and talent?!

9 Likes

Amazing! Truly stunning creations. How is one supposed to chose 3?

5 Likes

Porco :lammasu2: Dio
How fucking many entries?!?? How fucking many Lamassus?

Ahshhaha Jesus Christ that’s impossible to vote xD

May I ask for this occasion only to be able to have maybe…idk, 5 votes each? There is just too much to chose from!

Porco :lammasu1: Dio

5 Likes

The EddySu is the best lammasu!

6 Likes

Awesome work - is entry 22 a conversion it a commercial sculpt? So metal\m/ \m/

4 Likes

Wonderful work, folks! Excellent stuff all around, and lots of fun. Such creativity and bonkers madness on display. And such quality, too!

Now that we’re back up on high numbers not seen since the End Times in 2015, cobbling together contest entry pictures has become worksome again. It was easier during the time of decline when we were below 10. :smiley:

If anyone know of some handy program for PC which allows you to set parameters and just feed it with 4 images into a preset grid with automatic resizing, then that tip would be most appreciated going forward. Preferably with a dark red border somewhat like that we’ve always had. Manually resizing and cobbling together contest entries is the big time sink, and with such healthy large numbers it’s no longer a breeze. (But it’s still fun, make no mistake!)

Some automatization here would be fantastic. Preferably idiot proof, since I do qualify for that venerable category. Any advice here would be most welcome.

10 Likes

Guys this is all so incredible, just absolutely incredible work :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

What a smorgasbord of awesome! I’m glad we have fortnight to vote on this - it will take a while to soak it all in.

Those poor Hobgrots!

2 Likes

Voting rules updated for this round as per feedback. Let’s experiment and try the following:

You can now vote for 5 entries, not just 3.

8 Likes

Greebo chaos dwarf extra miniatures! He made an entire metal band!

6 Likes

Holy hashut this is insane

1 Like

You guys blow my mind EVERY. DAMN. TIME.
All these entries look amazing i’m looking forward to going through them all properly, but dreading having to pick my favourites.
A huge well done to everyone who entered.

2 Likes

I can’t provide a tool to do it unfortunately, but I would say it’s absolutely prudent if you ask the contestants to provide the pictures like this:
“Please submit four photos, arranged in a 2x2 grid (X pixels by Y pixels) with red lining, saved as a single file” Maybe not as a mandatory requirement but at least a suggestion. I would not have minded one bit to send you the pictures in any format you require, and I’m sure that’s true for all of us.

Maybe even more, might I humbly ask/suggest why so strict? You could also say “please submit your entry in as many photos as you like, arranged on a canvas (X pixels by Y pixels) with red lines”?!

1 Like

You could try Canva (free) which works in the browser and allows you to make quick collages to a premade template.

On mobile try InShot. Arguably easier, not sure how high-res the collages will come out though.

Failing that, I’d be happy to do this for you. Am a designer by day and have the means to batch-collage things to a preset format.

1 Like

We could do a gimp tutorial?

1 Like

Wow… Just WOW!! What an awesome field of entries. Some absolutely stunning conversions and paint work in the mix! Going to be hard to choose, but a couple immediate selections. Amazing stuff CDO!

4 Likes

Get back in the off topic Michael

4 Likes